Boss 302 Decal Package Question:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member

What do you guys want to bet that this car had stripe damage and the owner had peeled them off when he owned it? I've seen it on a couple of local Bosses, where folks removed parts of the stripe package. Heh, when he traded it in, the dealership was like "Nearly $2,000 to put the right vinyl back on? HELL no! Wanda, get Lou on the phone! Get us a stripe kit that kinda looks like a Boss kit. $189 on eBay? PERFECT, get it done! No one'll ever notice!"

Because yeah, that set is pretty bad.

GotGrunt

Established Member
What do you guys want to bet that this car had stripe damage and the owner had peeled them off when he owned it? I've seen it on a couple of local Bosses, where folks removed parts of the stripe package. Heh, when he traded it in, the dealership was like "Nearly $2,000 to put the right vinyl back on? HELL no! Wanda, get Lou on the phone! Get us a stripe kit that kinda looks like a Boss kit. $189 on eBay? PERFECT, get it done! No one'll ever notice!"

Because yeah, that set is pretty bad.

Kinda like this guy?

http://youtu.be/LRZKy0zS_Rw

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member

Exactly. I love how people are dogging the guy in the comments. I mean, the video's not great, but still, it's that guy's car. He can do what he wants. I mean, it DOES look odd without the stripes, but hey, if it's what he likes, right? I can't wait to see his face when he gets lowballed on the trade-in as a result. LOL

GotGrunt

Established Member
I can't wait to see his face when he gets lowballed on the trade-in as a result. LOL

Most dealers don't know what a Boss 302 is much less what the correct stripes look like. I bet the dealer that has that funky one on eBay still has no clue :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread