Boss 302 Crank Pulley / Damper

Gene K

Established Member
Does someone have the correct part number for the Boss 302? Ford list BR3Z6312A for the Boss, GT and F150. Is the unique Boss Damper unobtainium?

Gene K

Established Member
Cr3z-6312-a

Oops! I misquoted the part number.

CR3Z6312A is the part number Ford list for all 2011-2014 Coyotes / Roadrunners. I'm trying to figure out whether it's the OEM Coyote or Roadrunner Damper.... I guess it's possible Ford did a bait and switch and the Roadrunner Damper never actually made production just like the Intake Cams.

Last edited:

RedBossman

Established Member
I'll let you know once I get the dern damper off my Boss. It's being stubborn! It's probably got the part # molded into it. Replacing it with a ATI 15% OD for the VMP TVS blower. :rockon:

Gene K

Established Member
I'll let you know once I get the dern damper off my Boss. It's being stubborn! It's probably got the part # molded into it. Replacing it with a ATI 15% OD for the VMP TVS blower. :rockon:

Thanks RedBossMan. Some sources list BR3Z as being the replacement for everything including the Boss. Some except the Boss. Some list the CR3Z as being for the Boss and GT. I'm starting think some GT's (Track Pack?) may have gotten the damper and be causing some confusion.

I'm going to go ahead and order a CR3Z. Hopefully I won't find the same damper when I pull mine off the 2014. Just trying to make it a little easier on the oil pump gears with high rpm shifts and TVS.

Users who are viewing this thread