Boss 302 allocations

frydguy79

Established Member
today Ford started calling the lucky dealers with the news if they won the 302 lottery!!!

:banana:
so pretty soon you better get your name in the hat

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
What is so special? Forged pistons, better rods, intake, tb. 440 hp. If the base ones come in with fairly low cost w be a damn good platform to beef up w nitrous or boost of some sort esp w like e85. Be a monster then. As it is stock figure it will run away from most anything at the road track w a good driver. W a s/c on low boost w e85 I can't imagine what it could do on a road track. Heck I saw a reg ol new 5.0 pass every brand there almost was. Vette, viper, porsche, you name it.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
this is just me talking, but i would not be adding a supercharger to a Boss 302. its a road course car with an engine designed and calibrated for that purpose. there are probably better platforms for straightline speed.

this boss engine is not something you are going to want to replace if you damage it. it wont be available in crate engine form.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
There will be some that will try a pd s/c at low boost not exactly sure what class that w be. Maybe won't be worth it but still run away from any new camaro. I'm sure the n/a boss will do fine. I just know the old ones had a pretty good cam in them. No way close to a stocker. Along w long tube hdrs. Not enough space to say all the suspension mods, chassis mods, I just want them to do good. Serious competition these days.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
this is just me talking, but i would not be adding a supercharger to a Boss 302. its a road course car with an engine designed and calibrated for that purpose. there are probably better platforms for straightline speed.

this boss engine is not something you are going to want to replace if you damage it. it wont be available in crate engine form.

Exactly, In 100 degree + heat soak..
I could feel the power loss.
A N/A road racer is the way to go.
Still waiting for some super IRS.

1/4 mile guys, go play with your auto and SLA.:fart:

Husker

Established Member
My dealer confirmed to me that they earned a Boss for 1st quarter.

Now to figure out my color choice and recaro or not?

Husker

CGoeschel

Established Member
7 allocations for our store!!! 6 regular and 1 Laguna Seca. 1 for 1st qtr, 2 for 2nd qtr, 2 for 3rd qtr and 2 for 4th qtr. Laguna Seca has to be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th qtr build.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
7 allocations for our store!!! 6 regular and 1 Laguna Seca. 1 for 1st qtr, 2 for 2nd qtr, 2 for 3rd qtr and 2 for 4th qtr. Laguna Seca has to be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th qtr build.

When was your dealership notified about the allocations ?
My dealer here in San Diego has not be told according to my sales rep.:??:

Users who are viewing this thread