Borla's Installed!

svt2003cobra

Banned
I will agree, I just installed mine. I thought at first" Oh man this is too loud" But the more i drive it the more i love it. My wife even said it sounds good!

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Just finished the install of the Steeda Tri-Ax just about 5 minutes ago!

Holy cow, now THIS is the way the car should shift...

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
A set of Cobra Daytonas, but I need to get at least one more person to buy a set to get the really good prices...

Also a billetflow plenum very soon...
Pulley upgrade...

I wanna be able to get 500 at the crank!

03snakerush

Established Member
Originally posted by Evil_Merlin
All I have to say is HOLY POOP.

This is the way the Cobra should sound from the factory...

Totally agree!:beer: Even my neighbors dont mind the volume, the sound is killer!! I find myself looking for freeway on ramps and smile.....:rockon:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
How do those Borlas sound compared to Flowbastards? I've been thinkin of redoing the exhaust.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
did anyone elses cobra just seem a tiny bit slower after they got there CB on? just wondering. It might be because I havenm't adjusted to the sound quite yet.

sjw985

Established Member
Steeda, you're right. Most people don't know it but Ford made these cars quiet for a reason.

First of all, loud exhausts can cause vibration that disrupts the laminar flow of air around your vehicle. This causes eddying of the airflow, significantly increasing drag and reducing both acceleration and terminal velocity.

Also remember that sound is a form of energy. Your engine can only make so much power from the fuel and air it burns. Only part of that energy ends up turning the wheels of the car. The rest is lost as noise and heat. The louder the exhaust, the more energy is taken away from propulsion of the vehicle, and once again, the slower you'll be.

It's ironic that a mod so many people consider to be a "go fast" item actually makes them slower!

Thankfully, the fact that we use 5W-20 oil in these cars (due to the Ford being able to achieve tighter tolerances in the engine from previous model years) gives us a little extra "free" power that can come in very handy during those hot, extended runs on road courses, especially during hot summers like this one. It will probably off-set most of the power loss from any catback people put on.

:-D

03snakerush

Established Member
Actually a cat-back exhaust like the Borla I put on, along with the K&N F.I.P.K. allows the engine to breathe in and out a lot easier. That translates to more horsepower which in reallity makes my car a lot faster than in stock form- I'm taking my car in for dyno results later this week. Just thinking I kind of disagree with the drag and resistance theory due to a volume increase, i.m.o.:beer:

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
I talked to a mike79 and he said the same thing that unless you got a CAI you will lose low end tqe.

xsvtcmex

Established Member
STEEDA1982,,,,U CONFIRMED IT,,IM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!! I installed steeda cat back and as soon as I drove it it felt slower. Louder and slower. the only mods I have are c/b and drop in kn filter.I hope by buying a CAI it will help.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
me to cause i keep having to take my shit out and then putting it back in and haven't had my CAI and CB on at the same time yet. damn work.

kcast

LEO
Established Member
he is right by putting on a cb will make your car slower, but thats low end torque loss, but you will gain hp which will help on the higher end...thats what i was told anyway

Users who are viewing this thread