Borla Xr1's or Borla Universal Stingers

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member
Does anyone run either of these exhaust, ive heard clips of the xr'1s on youtube but I cant seem to find a clip that has the universal stingers for the 96 cobra. The guy at borla told me that the s style universal stingers r the more agressive out of the two, im trying to get it to sound something like the terminators with the stingers haha as best as I can

. What do u guys think?? I havr a o/r bbk h pipe right now. Thank you

SVTContique

Stingers are LOUD, comparable to the Magnapack system from magnaflow (what i have)

The XR-1's are insanely nice, if i had the money i would have gotten them. Im never changing my exhaust though, it sounds amazing.

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member
Stingers are LOUD, comparable to the Magnapack system from magnaflow (what i have)

The XR-1's are insanely nice, if i had the money i would have gotten them. Im never changing my exhaust though, it sounds amazing.

I bet it does sound amazing haha but which would you say sounds better in your opinion? the stingers or the xr-1s?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I have the universal Stingers on my car. They're really loud. I got a headache the first time I had the car out after I put the mufflers on. Hopefully it won't be so bad once I get tail-pipes on the car though, as they're currently dumped.​

Last edited:

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
I have the Borla XR1s on my car. It has a really clean note to it and not too loud either. I had guys at Fabulous Fords ( even a Highway Patrol Officer) stop me and ask what mufflers I had because of the sound. It seems that the higher you rev it the cleaner the sound. I would say that they are not quite as deep as the Magnaflows I have had in the past. But, the upper end wail is fantastic!! This is also with a high flow catted X-pipe...

Last edited:

fox5oh

OVERWEIGHT COBRA
Established Member
I had the XR-1 catback with MAC o/r H pipe on my 96 Cobra.. The start up was much quieter than my MAC Catback but it had an EXTREMELY nice tone

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKb70YlPjI&feature=related"]YouTube - 96 Mustang SVT Cobra Borla XR1 Catback[/nomedia]

amorrow

Established Member
"The guy at borla told me that the s style universal stingers r the more agressive out of the two"

Seriously? That hasn't been my experience. XR-1 is Borla's line of "race" mufflers.

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member
I have the universal Stingers on my car. They're really loud. I got a headache the first time I had the car out after I put the mufflers on. Hopefully it won't be so bad once I get tail-pipes on the car though, as they're currently dumped.​

How much did u get ur stingers for? Haha thats cool, do u have any videos?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How much did u get ur stingers for? Haha thats cool, do u have any videos?

Getting headaches driving your car is not cool :bored:

No videos. I can't recall what they cost, but they weren't cheap. I remember I bought them from Jegs though so I'll let you do the investigating.

SVTContique

Even the termi guys complain about the drone from the stingers.

Stingers are very drone-prone.

My car actually doesnt drone at all.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Even the termi guys complain about the drone from the stingers.

Stingers are very drone-prone.

My car actually doesnt drone at all.

You have no idea. It's terrible. If tailpipes and the turbo don't fix it the mufflers will be taken off and sold.

mrxr250rider

Established Member
I think with an O/R H-pipe both will be too loud.

The XR1 is 1000 times better IMO.

Get some cats and you will love the sound.

is that what your running? wanted to run a catted h with some kind of borlas or bassanis. a sound clip would be nice

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I have a O/R Dr Gas X pipe with 2.5" Center in Center out Borla XR-1 mufflers and tailpipes which dump over the axle behind the gas tank. (No visible exhaust tips)
It sounds freaking sikkkkkkk!!! I had Mac Flowpaths before and i will never go back!
The part # for my muffler was 40941 I believe off of Borlas website

mrxr250rider

Established Member
I have a O/R Dr Gas X pipe with 2.5" Center in Center out Borla XR-1 mufflers and tailpipes which dump over the axle behind the gas tank. (No visible exhaust tips)
It sounds freaking sikkkkkkk!!! I had Mac Flowpaths before and i will never go back!

think i wanna go with these for my irs catback how much did u pay?

HandsomeRob

Established Member
$150 each from Summit Racing
There very expensive but damn do they sound mean!!!!
04ad8534.gif

SVTContique

is that what your running? wanted to run a catted h with some kind of borlas or bassanis. a sound clip would be nice

I have a catted H-pipe and Magnapacks.

For reference the Magnapacks and the Stingers are both a resonator style muffler so they are louder. The stingers drone while the packs dont.

I had an O/R H-pipe before but i HAD to put cats on it. It sounded good at WOT but driving anywhere was insanely loud, they droned and sounded like a stupid truck under partial throttle. Catting them made my car sound insane. Ill upload a video here in the next hour if i can find the video.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
I have longtubes, an offroad x pipe and the s type mufflers and it's not very loud at idle or just cruising but screams up top. I'll try to find a video.

The blower is louder at idle
[YouTube_browser]gu8A6f9mCRM[/YouTube_browser]

Crappy track video, much louder at WOT
[YouTube_browser]My9ytT5LnYs[/YouTube_browser]

Last edited:

LupercioStang

Lil Boy with Big Wheels
Established Member

you don't have any videos of the new mufflers? just the macs huh?

Users who are viewing this thread