Borla vs Roush

Honest Mike

Established Member
Thanks for the video Tech! That definitely sounds badass! I'm definitely gonna keep the cats on my car, the most I might do is go to high flow cats..

There is a video on YouTube of a 2011 black GT with the Borla S Type cat back and the car sounds amazing. I'm sure you have all seen it. let me see if I can find it..

Honest Mike

Established Member
I found the video, how do I copy and paste it here? I clicked the up arrow on top of the screen, clicked copy, then what? I'm on an iPad..

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
You type [youtube"underscore"browser] (no quotation marks, place an underscore between the words youtube and browser) and then copy the part of the YouTube link after the "=" sign, paste it after the aforementioned brackets and close with:

["forwardslash"youtube"underscore"browser]

No spaces.

So it should look like this, but without spaces:

[youtube _ browser]link[/youtube _ browser]

If there is more than one equal sign in the youtube link, I think you just copy what's immediately between the first and second equal signs, ignore the rest.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
If your interested in the Roush... I have a used set with very low miles that's I would sell fairly cheap. They were in the box in my trunk when I bought my car this spring...

Honest Mike

Established Member
Thanks for the offer, but if I did go with the Roush, I'd just get a brand new set, but honestly I think I'm going to go with a Borla kit..

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
Borla ATAK catback and S-type catback would be my first and second choices, definitely. And I actually really like the Dynomax Bullets, I don't feel like they get much recognition. I think they would be my 3rd choice. One of the guys from 305stangs has a black one with dumped dynomax bullets, sounds really clean with a fairly deep tone and minimal rasp.

ERS

Established Member
Borla ATAK catback and S-type catback would be my first and second choices, definitely. And I actually really like the Dynomax Bullets, I don't feel like they get much recognition. I think they would be my 3rd choice. One of the guys from 305stangs has a black one with dumped dynomax bullets, sounds really clean with a fairly deep tone and minimal rasp.

I have Roush's and want to run an off road X pipe, Im planning to keep the stock resonators and install some Dynomax Bullets in line before the axle backs. Hopefully it tames the Roush's down enough to be livable as a DD. If not Im getting S Types.

PhantomX

Established Member
I agree with the Masses I've had or know of cars (as in been in them and installed them) the S-Types are the best all around with the best sound and no drone. That's the key for me no drone. When I drop it into 6th and cruise it's a nice mellow rumble, when I stomp on it sounds like all hell just broke loose. I just installed a lethal off road x-pipe tonight and it is absolutely amazing. Hell even with the stock H pipe and cats the Borla S-Types sound awesome. The Atak will absolutely sound raspy as shit if you put an off-road X on and so will the Roush's as well. With no cats the Atak and Roush are just to loud, even for those that like loud they are still to loud.

i would suggest the S-Types or the GT500 both have a similar sound, no drone with either stock H or off roads and both sound amazing with off roads also with no drone. My personal nod having both is the sound of the Borlas at WOT with an off road X is simply amazing, like a Nascar at full tilt when hit 7000 RPM, just awesome

2190days...

only one at a time..
Established Member
i have the Roush AB and i love them! just ordered JBA LT's & offroad X so ill post a vid once installed! I was thinking of getting OTA pipes also but it's good to have a little back pressure so I've heard from others.. input anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread