Borla Stingers

icurry4990

Established Member
anyone ever attempted putting Stingers on a 5.0 fox....love the sound on the cobras but havent ever seen them on a fox??

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm interested in this as well. Most folks around here just run flows, macs or dynomax. I love the way mine sounds with the flows, but it drones so bad I can't talk to my passenger anymore, so I'm looking to swap it out with something else when I upgrade my exhaust setup next time.

DRCjasper

Established Member
I'm interested in this as well. Most folks around here just run flows, macs or dynomax. I love the way mine sounds with the flows, but it drones so bad I can't talk to my passenger anymore, so I'm looking to swap it out with something else when I upgrade my exhaust setup next time.

What headers and midpipe do you have? My flows don't drone at all.

Sorry OP, never heard of stingers on a fox. Are you looking to fit them as is or just weld in the mufflers?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
What headers and midpipe do you have? My flows don't drone at all.

Sorry OP, never heard of stingers on a fox. Are you looking to fit them as is or just weld in the mufflers?

Really? Damn. I have (for now) BBK shorty headers and a BBK Off-Road X. That's attached to a 10.5:1 331 stroker motor though. I never noticed the drone before the engine build, unless I was alongside another mustang anyway.

But as it is now, around 2000-2200rpm, she sings. Unfortunately, that's right about 60-65mph so that means you don't do anything other than listen to the exhaust while driving. lol.

I have every intention of ditching my current exhaust setup for some long tubes in the future, I just happen to have other things higher on my mod priority list. Anyway, once I do start the exhaust swap I was going to look into different catbacks to try and get something a little more mellow. My car is loud enough now that I won't start it up after 9:30 or so. I don't even wanna know what it'll sound like with long tubes on it.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
ive heard clips on youtube of that exhaust on a fox. ive got dynomax racebullets and turndowns on mine. everyone around my area runs flowmasters, so its good to be diff

blownfox

Established Member
I ditch my dronemasters for Bassani five years ago and haven't look back.

icurry4990

Established Member
ive got mac shortys on my fox right now with flowmasters....it drones a little at around 2 grand but i dont mind it yet....just looking to see if anyones done it yet...i might just take a leap and do it to see what it sounds like but thats an expensive test if i dont like it

izak

Established Member
I just did the swap, I took off the flows and installed a set of borlas, they were not the stingers but they where 100 each, i will get a video up for you later today. or PM me and I can send you the video. I love them, best decision, for sound. I say just do it. If you hate the drone then do it.

TurbONY

Established Member
Look into borla xr1s o got them on my fox and love em.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

clean93

Established Member
like already mentioned borla xr1's. mine doesnt drone at all ive had passengers talk on their cell phones while cruising without any issues. when i had shorty headers and the old school original 40's with off road h pipe it seemed to drone more but had the best sound..back then it did

DRCjasper

Established Member
Really? Damn. I have (for now) BBK shorty headers and a BBK Off-Road X. That's attached to a 10.5:1 331 stroker motor though. I never noticed the drone before the engine build, unless I was alongside another mustang anyway.

But as it is now, around 2000-2200rpm, she sings. Unfortunately, that's right about 60-65mph so that means you don't do anything other than listen to the exhaust while driving. lol.

I have every intention of ditching my current exhaust setup for some long tubes in the future, I just happen to have other things higher on my mod priority list. Anyway, once I do start the exhaust swap I was going to look into different catbacks to try and get something a little more mellow. My car is loud enough now that I won't start it up after 9:30 or so. I don't even wanna know what it'll sound like with long tubes on it.

Interesting. I have BBK shorties, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flows on a 96' Explorer 5.0 and I haven't had any issues with drone. :shrug: I know the dreaded drone very well though. The MAC axleback on my 05 droned terrible. Good luck sorting it out. When you make your decision, post a clip for us to hear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread