Borla Stinger vs SLP Loudmouth

The Good

Established Member
When looking at thew pics on their respective sites they resemble one another very much. However the SLP's are about $500 while the Borla's are about $800 at the site. I know where to find the Borla's cheaper but why such a price difference in the first place. Also any comments on sound and performance are appreciated.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I'm not sure why a price difference.....borla has always been more $$$ tho. I have the SLP...they sound pretty close, but the SLP is louder. I think the performance gains are about the same. As far as I've heard they are pretty much the same system, but I haven't actually sat down and compared the 2 systems.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
As far as sound , they both are the best out there in my opinion. Performance wise , everything I've read shows that there about even. I have the slp loudmouth cb , and I love it. Radio hasn't been on in weeks. Immediately noticable performance difference. My only guess as to why borla is so much more costly would be that borla = name brand so price is higher , but it's also a quality piece. I believe slp loudmouths for stangs are a bit of a newer product , but their quality is great also. Or maybe I'm just rambling on now....... :p

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I think that both are excellent set ups. SLP is somewhat louder I believe, when I bought this car I just sold an extremely loud one so I didnt want that again so I got borla, but if I wanted something loud i would do an SLP set up.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
to answer your question your paying for the name, Borla offers 4" tips but the SLP's look better IMO anyway...install is a piece of cake on both systems but the SLP is modular meaning you can interchange resonators/mufflers if you want with their clamp style connections...Slp is a bit louder but I'll tell you its a "make you grin as your foot goes down to the floor and you love every minute of it loud" put the difference into something else get the SLP set-up...just remember to stay from going insane make sure your mid-pipe is catted so I've read never heard the insane call the cops go deaf set-up with the O/R X as some people have mentioned....

The Good

Established Member
Thanx for the posts. My dad and are torn on which to get but I think he's leaning towards the SLP because the sales rep said they dont crackle when you let off completly while the Borla's do. They are both the best T-304 stainless. Also i'm a newb and have no idea what O/R X means or IMO.

The Good

Established Member
M31004
Exhaust System, "Power-Flo™" 1999-04 Mustang GT/Mach 1 (modular)

Price: $499.95

NEED VALID ZIP CODE TO DISPLAY SHIPPING INFO.

EDIT ZIP CODE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M31006
Exhaust System, "Loud Mouth" 1999-04 Mustang Cobra (modular)

NEED VALID ZIP CODE TO DISPLAY SHIPPING INFO.

EDIT ZIP CODE

M31006A
Exhaust System, "Loud Mouth II", 1994-04 Mustang Cobra (modular)

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
The SLP's, Borla's, and Magnapacks all have identical muffler or resonator construction. I got the Borla's at the time because no body had them. Listening to them all in person, I think the Magnapacks sound the best out of them all (as they are all similar type of sound). I paid $650 for the borla, where as I could have gotten the magnaflow c/b AND o/r X to my door for $700. If I had to do all over I would have just done the maggies, best bang for the buck, like others said, the stingers though they sound great are too expensive IMO compared to the competition.

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
The Good said:
Thanx for the posts. My dad and are torn on which to get but I think he's leaning towards the SLP because the sales rep said they dont crackle when you let off completly while the Borla's do. They are both the best T-304 stainless. Also i'm a newb and have no idea what O/R X means or IMO.

I have SLP C/B and they crackle......

But they sound Damn Good! :beer:

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
If your interested in the SLP, try Ray at MyFordPerformance.com. My price shipped was less than $430! You have to call him to get the better price. :beer:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
if your getting straight through cat-back, probably wanna stay away from off-road H/X, and SLP does pop a bit when you let off the gas

Users who are viewing this thread