borla stinger mufflers Question

03zycobra

Established Member
Borla Stingers are center inlet and outlet. The Magnaflows are offset in and out. They will not fit your Magnaflow tubing without modifications.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
The link I provided is the Borla Stinger Muffler. It's a 5" Round x 10" long Muffler.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
XR-1's are an oval muffler, quieter than the Stingers. They are more high pitched when mated with an X pipe whereas the Stigner's are rude and crude in a good way. I still can't decide which I like more, Stingers or XR-1's......

wldtang

Banned
I had the XR1's on my 94 cobra with the 302 motor. They sounded good.

With the 03 motor going in my 94, I am trying to decide which muffler sounds best on this mod motor.

I like the borla's and the mac's.

Corbin huh? I am originally from Manchester.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Been to Manchester a few times. I had the Borla/Saleen XR-1 cat-back on my 97 Cobra along with a Bassani o/r X. It sounded absolutely great!! Can't go wrong with either!

jberylec

Established Member
Did you ever get the Stingers? I'll be putting them on mine ASAP! Love the sound! and BTW we're in the same area, two Zincs in this small county, crazy. Maybe I'll see ya around :beer:

03cobramanIII

Banned
do they make a borla stinger for a ''solid axle'' if so post a pic . and also post a pic of a non stinger too, im undecied? thanks

Jocko

Established Member
do they make a borla stinger for a ''solid axle'' if so post a pic . and also post a pic of a non stinger too, im undecied? thanks

Yeah, does anyone know about the solid axle question? Jeg's lists an XR1 available as a 12" and also a 16". Does anyone know what effect the length will have on the sound/flow?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
140067.jpg

14834.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
And you can get the Stinger (S-series) Mufflers by themselves.

Borla P/N: 40842S

40842S.jpg

Also note that the GT "quiet" kit uses the Turbo, or TurboXL type mufflers; whereas the IRS kit 14858 uses a noteably larger muffler that is NOT available as a "universal fit" application.

Last edited:

wldtang

Banned
And you can get the Stinger (S-series) Mufflers by themselves.

Borla P/N: 40842S

40842S.jpg

Also note that the GT "quiet" kit uses the Turbo, or TurboXL type mufflers; whereas the IRS kit 14858 uses a noteably larger muffler that is NOT available as a "universal fit" application.

Ouch. $166 each through summit

Users who are viewing this thread