Borla Stinger install issues

Dshavers

Established Member
So this might be a stupid question, but I figured I would ask. This is a follow up to my thread below. I received my replacement axle back from Borla and got around to installing it last night. The tips on the first set were too long, so they sent me another set where they shortened the tips. These worked out fine, but the issue I'm having is that I'm having trouble getting the clamps to hold the mufflers on to the mid-pipe. I had to reuse the ones from my old kit, and actually install them over the circled flange in order for the pipe to stay on. I used a ratchet and got it as tight as I possible could. It felt like if I tried to go any further it would snap the clamp or even the ratchet. My old steeda's were pretty snug on the pipe, but these new ones slide on like butter, which is probably because of the grease that's in the pipe. It seemed tight last night, so I drove to work, but I need to get under the car after work to see if it's still tight. Is there any reason why I shouldn't have the clamp so far up? It seems like it should tighten at the point in the about photo.

Button_Notch.jpg

follow up thread..
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/714839-dissapointed-steeda-exhaust.html

Users who are viewing this thread