borla stinger cat-back is getting quiet

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol is it just me or does the stinger get quiet after a couple of months? i'm looking to get a new mid-pipe now to get a louder sound and better increase in performance. i wanna get one with cats because i hear if you get an offroad it takes away some of your boost. anyone got any good ideas on a good mid-pipe? x or h, i really like that "POP" sound when you downshift, what would give me more of that sound than anything else?

PDubs

Established Member
I got a maggie catted-x, and it's plenty loud. Although I never had the stingers on with the stock midpipe to compare it to.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
No, the Stingers do get a little quieter after you run them a bit. The packing seems to settle a bit, they mellow out.

I would go with the MRT H.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Allot of people say the best sound with the Stingers is with the stock H. I would have to agree, but I'm thinking of getting the MRT H pipe for kicks. Has anyone did this combo and wish they stayed with the stock H instead?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm wondering the same thing as blue poison, i know that question has been asked a million times but can we get some more oppinions? because obviously more people have got mid-pipes with their stingers by now.

04torchred

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
lol is it just me or does the stinger get quiet after a couple of months? i'm looking to get a new mid-pipe now to get a louder sound and better increase in performance. i wanna get one with cats because i hear if you get an offroad it takes away some of your boost. anyone got any good ideas on a good mid-pipe? x or h, i really like that "POP" sound when you downshift, what would give me more of that sound than anything else?

If you lose boost I doubt you will lose any hp/tq. You are just letting the engine work more efficiently, not as much back pressure. Prochambers seem to sound pretty good, but I think they mellow out the burble sound when down shifting.

astippich

Established Member
Mrt catted h and prochamber are the best sounding mids I've heard with stingers. Sorry I don't have any clips.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I just installed the Borla Stingers this morning and all I have to say is.....WOW!! I love this setup!! I'm so glad I bought this!! I got it for $300 with only 2000 miles on em! Best $300 I ever spent! The seat-of -the-pants meter is pegged!!! I love this Borla!!

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread