Borla S-types (11789) for 2011-2012 GT & Boss

nyuk98GT

Established Member
SOLD!!! FS: Borla S-types (11789) for 2011-2012 GT & Boss

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!

Hello SVTPerformance.com shoppers:

I have just installed Ford Racing GT500 Touring mufflers on my 2012 GT so my lightly used Borla S-types are up for sale.

The Borla S-types are Model 11789 and fit 2011 to 2012 Mustang GT and Boss. I installed these mufflers on 10-November-13 (2,180 miles) and took it off about two weeks ago (4,550 miles).

I bought these mufflers for $600 shipped from a fellow member (different forum) and they were new in box (NIB). There is a very small dent (no more than 1/16" deep by 3/4" long on the passenger muffler from shipping but, otherwise, these mufflers are in excellent/like-new condition.

Asking $450 plus shipping (within the 48 contiguous states).

Photos are at Photobucket.com:

http://s644.photobucket.com/user/STL...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
I am going the other route, curious about the touring Ford Racing or do you mean the gt500 axle backs?. How do they compare to the Borla S in terms of sound and such. I am interested in the Borla S. I just can't see the pics because I am at work.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Rios302:

The GT500 Touring mufflers are quite mellow and quieter than the S-types. I think they are comparable to the Borla Touring mufflers. I'm an old geezer (according to my wife) so I needed to tone down the Mustang a bit. :D

The S-types are not wallflower mufflers, they have an authoritative sound. They are pretty quiet below 2000 RPM and have absolutely no drone at all. A little gurgle as you downshift, too (which I like). The S-types are pretty manly above 3000 RPM but it is a smooth sound, not raspy or rash.

The GT500 Touring mufflers are a little deeper at idle than the S-types (my opinion) although not by much. The sound is definitely more muted than the S-types but the exhaust volume is a little louder than stock. I think that they develop a hint of drone at 1800 to 2000 RPM but I might be wrong. It just seems that the volume in the cabin increases somewhat (like my old MagnaFlows on my '98GT) at 1800 RPM and goes away above 2000 RPM. I need more seat time to evaluate.

My car came with the GT500 mufflers and I would say that the GT500 Touring mufflers are a little quieter at start-up than the GT500 mufflers. They are a little mellower in tone than the GT500 mufflers, too. I like them a lot, so far.

I can e-mail pics to you if you can't see them at PhotoBucket.

Thanks.

Chris

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I am going to wait on the axle backs for now, Christmas took a bit of hit on my wallet. My dad seriously needs to stop having kids. lol

Rios302

Established Member
Thank you Chris. This is a confirmation that we have a deal, looking forward to install them :)

Users who are viewing this thread