Borla quiet Cat-Back Tips?

lee4him

Established Member
Anyone have or seen owners with the Borla quiet Cat-Back with side angle tips cut the inner 2 1/2 inch pipe inside the 4" tip? I love the sound but the look is not the best and I thought I could just use a small cutter and die grinder to remove the inner pipe. Hopefully this makes sense. If not I'll post a pic or two to illustrate.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have the Steeda/Borla kit:

26804300056_large.jpg

26804300055_large.jpg

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
the steeda dont have a main pipe inside ;) vid [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_Z6FVovCI"]YouTube- steeda cat back upr o/r x pipe 04 cobra[/nomedia]

2004cobra060.jpg

Last edited:

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
I have the side angle tips with the inner pipe.

When I bought it, I just thought that I would cut the tips off and replace them with a straight style; but earlier this year I went to a Cobra meet and had several Cobra owners compliment me on the side angled tips. Now I'm kind of torn what to do with them.

Never thought about grinding the inner pipe out :shrug:

lee4him

Established Member
I didn't think I'd like the side angle look but now that its on the car, I really like it. I just don't care for the inner pipe. I'm gonna cut it out this weekend so I'll post a before and after.

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
Can't wait to see what they look like.

I wonder if it would change the sound of the exhaust? If it did, I probably wouldn't do it to mine; I absolutely love the way my Cobra sounds :banana:

MikeSop

Established Member
I have the borla 14858, took my dremel tool and cut the center pipe out about 4 inches in. I took the pipes off the car and put the tip hanger in a bench vise while i cut them out, then polished them before I put em back on. Didnt change the sound that i could notice and i really like the way they look. Im at work right now or I'd post a pic up.

Users who are viewing this thread