borla/prochamber ??

Blakester

Established Member
i just put on my borla exhaust today and its amazing... i have my mac prochamber lying in my house, how much hp would this give me if i install and would it make the car a lot louder? and yes im looking for VERY loud :burnout:

lets hear it boys..

sb03cobra

Established Member
I picked up 9 hp with the prochamber but almost 15 rwtq.

These were not peak numbers, but under the curve. And yes it
will be loud.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I had that combo until I noticed an exhaust leak, put the car on the lift, looked for the usual spot around the header-H-pie connection, wasn't there, looked at the chamber itself and it was cracked all the way across. I'm guessing driving in the heavy rain for two hours plus the heat expanded the prochamber and it cracked. I did not scrape or hit anything. It was only a week old. Anyways, I am replacing it with a MRT catted h-pipe. The prochamber/stinger sounds good at idle and cruising around town but get on it and it sounded like the Bigfoot truck! I hate that sound! When I pulled up I would ask my friends "So how u like my pick um up truck." Some like it, some don't, in my opinion I don't think it's how a Mustang should sound, especially a Cobra.

:beer:
Scott

sb03cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Blakester
Hey sb03cobra what are you HP/tq numbers? i have the exact same mods as you? i am very curious

thanks!

405 rwhp, 379rwtq

I will have new numbers with a 2.93 pulley and predator this
weekend.

Blakester

Established Member
sweet- anybody else have any thoughts on the borla/prochamber set up? ive heard it sounds really mean and i wanna make sure its what i want before i install it

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
It will be really loud. However, it will have the "truck" sound to it. But that is because of the Borla and not the ProChamber. To get the best sound out of it you would need a chambered muffler such as Flowmaster 40 series (Delta 40 is my personal choice) or Magnaflow.

lwantSonicBlue

Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
I had that combo...prochamber/stinger sounds good at idle and cruising around town but get on it and it sounded like the Bigfoot truck! I hate that sound! When I pulled up I would ask my friends "So how u like my pick um up truck." Some like it, some don't, in my opinion I don't think it's how a Mustang should sound, especially a Cobra.

:beer:
Scott

I couldn't agree with you more I have a o/r mrt with stinger.

Users who are viewing this thread