borla or bassani

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I had Magnaflow Magnapacks, then switched to Bassani. The Magnapacks were loud and mean, the Bassani is quieter at cruising speeds but still sounds mean at WOT.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Notrace81 said:
I will look into it, if you recommend it given you know more about the “L” then me. I was just looking for over all horse power and torque gains and I found the Super Max TDCB system and have found none close to the performance gains of this exhaust. But if you say the JLP is better I will check it out.

Thanks for the input.
You won't need the JLP exhaust unless your making 500+ hp
The one your looking at is fine. Just wanted to let you know it was out there.
Look here too Mark is a great guy to deal with. http://lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=232_94

Last edited:

Notrace81

Banned
THUNDER BOLT said:
You won't need the JLP exhaust unless your making 500+ hp
The one your looking at is fine. Just wanted to let you know it was out there.
Look here too Mark is a great guy to deal with. http://lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=232_94

Thanks Thunder,

For your input I don’t really want to make my “L” over 500rwhp ( unless I get the HP bug ) due to the fact that it is my DD and my tower for my drag Supra, I want to make it as reliable as possible.

Thanks again bud for your input and the others have been very helpful.:beer:

Since you are in FL like me maybe we should have a "L" meet or is there already one in FL?

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
I have borlas and they sound real good when you punch it. but i dont know if all borlas make that flapping noise that mine does passing 3000 rpms at wot. maybe its something else.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Notrace81 said:
Thanks Thunder,

Since you are in FL like me maybe we should have a "L" meet or is there already one in FL?

A couple of Lightnings meet at the Tower Shops in Davie on Friday nights.

BTW I have the Borla with no rear cats and I like the sound, not too loud when cruising, but floor it and it roars. With the cats they almost sound stock with a flapping noise.
:coolman:

Notrace81

Banned
DA BOLT said:
A couple of Lightnings meet at the Tower Shops in Davie on Friday nights.

BTW I have the Borla with no rear cats and I like the sound, not too loud when cruising, but floor it and it roars. With the cats they almost sound stock with a flapping noise.
:coolman:

Da Bolt, you and Relampago mentioned a flapping noise on the Borla exhaust why is that? It doesn’t sound very appealing, is that only with the Borla or every aftermarket exhaust?

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
til now i thought i was the only one that was getting the flapping noise. I have talk to other L owners and nobody seems to have that problem with their aftermarket exhaust, but they were all running bassanis or magnas.I called the place were i bought my exhaust and they said that they knew about the flapping noise but i coulnd return it because it was welded.So I call borla and they said "there is nothing wrong with our product, make sure nothing is inside the muffler that is rattling.we have never heard or had a complained obout this before"

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
illness said:
How does the quality on the Bassani suck??
for me the clamps didnt hold very well... But the bassani's sound the best on these trucks, even when its catted (like mine)

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
like da bolt said, maybe if i take the two rear cats it might go away.The sound(besides the flapping) is badass they roar.

Josh1

Banned
The Dynatech exhaust is the same as the JDM basically but alittle cheaper. It sounds really loud with hi-flow cats on. I was thinking of taking my cats off, but my passengers might go deaf. I actually got my wife to drive one day and I could not believe how much louder it is on the passenger side. Made my ears ring. Now I know why I get bitched at so much. She has gotten were she does not even want to drive in the truck now because of the exhaust and stiff suspension.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I'm very Happy with my Bassani Cat Back,a Bassani Catted Mid-Pipe is on my over the Winter parts list.

Alberto Osorio

Established Member
for me the clamps didnt hold very well... But the bassani's sound the best on these trucks, even when its catted (like mine)

"FUELONEMPTY", How does your truck sound w/o cats? I want to take my cats off too but I've heard that you throw your engine into an open loop??? I have an 03' Lightning and just had a Borla Catback put on but the sound is way to quiet for me...

Users who are viewing this thread