Borla makes the numbers...come look + A/F question

BlKvNm

Established Member
Hi guys, some of you wanted to know if Borla can bring home the numbers and well....they can. Check out the Dynos. The first Dyno is all of my mods + Magnaflow CB. The second dyno is all + Borla (with some...belt slip?) A 9 hp / 10 tq gain...all of the numbers SAE corrected. The temp was 93 degrees with 90% humidy all day last Friday.

Question...I am running 10.9:1, with a good burn, how much more HP should I expect...roughly? Obviously, the torque is good to go.

The car sounds....freaking awesome ...sounds mean and clean and loud! Super loud...much louder now than with the Pro Chamber and Maggies. It sounds wicked. I love it.

Anyway, there ya have it.

peace and hairgrease

Mick

Mods + Maggies
Dyno3.JPG

Mods + Borla
Dyno4.JPG

The Borla tips
Borlatips.JPG

Rwick7

Established Member
Looks great man. I would guess there's another 20 rwhp and rwtq left in it. I'm thinking of adding a 4 lb lower soon. What belt do you use? I have a 100mm Metco Idler. Also do you run any kind of a altenator pulley? Thanks Randy

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
StBlack03, I used a gates 080774 belt with the 2.8 upper, 4 lb lower and 100mm idler. Fits great, I personally would not go any smaller than that. I think you try to squeeze too small of a belt on there, your asking for problems. I now have the 6 lb lower and use the 080780 gates belt.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by BlKvNm

Question...I am running 10.9:1, with a good burn, how much more HP should I expect...roughly? Obviously, the torque is good to go.

Mick

10~12 rwhp bringing it up to 12:1 with good fuel delivery and proper timing.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
That's some awesome numbers Mick. We seen the same difference in our car. Hard to believe theres that much differences in catbacks. First time I seen a pick of the tips on a black car, looks sweet. Look for at least 10hp with about 11.6 a/f.

Rick

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bingo's about right. A bit higher on the A/F should get u some better numbers but its not like u dont have it already :)

Great numbers but Excellent looking car... Sweet.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Why is his hp so low considering he has a 2.93 and a 4 lb lower? I made 470 with just the 2.8 upper. I am hoping for 500 at the dyno this week.

BlKvNm

Established Member
Thanks guys :) Moscaniac: It's the Stinger

I have to agree with what Sambandit is saying...my numbers seem TOO low, even with a 10-12 gain with a better tune. I was at 439 HP BEFORE adding the TB/4lb/Borla....

Mick

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Looks great Mick, can't wait to hear it in person.

CrazyCanuk

Established Member

I have to agree with what Sambandit is saying...my numbers seem TOO low, even with a 10-12 gain with a better tune. I was at 439 HP BEFORE adding the TB/4lb/Borla....

Mick

Dumb question but are you saying you lost ~ 1hp with the TB/4lb/borla ???

I likely read your post wrong.... if not it must be a tuning thing...

Question.... when doing mods if you do mods and get a chip for those mods.... if you do mods after that do you get a local shop to reprogram the card or can you download a new map onto the chip or are you stuck getting a new chip all together....

The most important question.... how do the borla sound compared to the Mags.....

Beautiful car..... love the tips looks way better than whats offered for the camaros....

Bingo13

Established Member

Mick

It depends on the dyno facility and our climate. The 2.93/4lb guys around here at getting 455/490 SAE numbers right now. I had a 453/488 run last week which is quite different than what it would do in December.
Also, the dynos in the Houston area vary a great deal. We can go to a dyno at the local Viper or LS1 shop and gain 3~5% on the numbers we get at the Mustang shops. ;-)
They all have the Dynojet 248 also so I suspect some additional software tuning has been done at the other shops. I trust the dynos at the Mustang shops as they are all within a couple of hp/tq of each other. The other shops are big into selling head/cam packages so I will leave it at that. :rollseyes
You car needs some additional tuning and it will be set. In fact your numbers will be the same as Racerats 2.93/4lb setup once you are finished. I really go by STD numbers as that is the true power you are putting down in your area.

BlKvNm

Established Member
Originally posted by CrazyCanuk
Dumb question but are you saying you lost ~ 1hp with the TB/4lb/borla ???

Yes, that is correct. Doesnt't make a whole lot of sense to me and I am hoping the reburn comes through. I agree with Bingo13.

The car feels/sounds great though.

Mick

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Hey just really looked at your dyno sheet, what gap you running on the plugs? Looks like you have bad blowout. This will cause the low HP and cause the car to go rich.

Rick

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Rick, what gap should I be starting at with the 2.93 pulley and idler set up? I was thinking about .35 right? I have the NGK's I bought from you guys.......

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Note to self: avoid black coupe in the big SA. Sharp car and sweet numbers.

Arthur

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Nice numbers!

The pinstriping on your bumper looks absolutely wicked. I've got the same thing done on my SN95, it doesn't look near as good as yours though :thumbsup: :coolman:

davidmax

Established Member
I have installed the Stingers and the standard Borla Euro note and 13 rrwhp/14 lbs. of Tqe. To get over 700 rrwhp I had to go to a 3" SHM custom exhaust with maggies,hi flow cats,H Pipe and Kooks long tubes.So if anyone is looking for a take off with under 10 hours on it its 375.00 well below cost,it retails I believe for 829.00 as opposed to Stingers about 200.00 less.
You cant go wrong either way but the touring sysytem has no drone but gives a slightly quiter LS1,Bassani type euro sound very Ferrari like.

Friendchicken

BlKvNm, I am considering the exact same setup. Any chance of having a sound clip posted?

Users who are viewing this thread