Borla here i come!!!

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
:dancenana:well guys dropping the Shelby off at Borla in the morning... there using my car for R&D for there exhaust system... they are gonna do a full system... cat-back with an xpipe... if i let them have it just a little longer they will put headers on the car as well... they will have the car for about 2 weeks or so... gonna miss my car... if there is anything you would like me to try to convince them to do... please chime in... other then that, ill keep everyone posted with info as i get it along with pics...:dancenana:

Last edited:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Any chance you can get a Full Exhaust (including Headers) from them for free, or seriously on-the-cheap?

If Yes, let 'em keep it a while!:D

Wish I lived near one of these companies as my car hasn't moved in over 2 weeks!

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
I'd like for them to offer a H-Pipe as well.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
thats usually the deal when you give them a car for R&D, free or really cheap....

I would also like to see an H pipe, prefer the sound

also, what tips they going to use on the axle back, single or quad? rolled or beveled?

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Please make sure they keep the quad tips. I absolutely LOVE Borla exhaust. Had it on my 04. If they keep the quad tips, they will once again have me as a customer lol.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
Any chance you can get a Full Exhaust (including Headers) from them for free, or seriously on-the-cheap?

If Yes, let 'em keep it a while!:D

Wish I lived near one of these companies as my car hasn't moved in over 2 weeks!

Yes I will be getting headers as well. They will not put them on though cause they are 49 states legal. I swear sometimes I hate California. Therefore I'll be having my guys at the shop put them on and then tune the car.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
thats usually the deal when you give them a car for R&D, free or really cheap....

I would also like to see an H pipe, prefer the sound

also, what tips they going to use on the axle back, single or quad? rolled or beveled?

I believe they are doing quad tips. The ones that Shelby is doing is made for Shelby and can only be purchased through Shelby. The exhaust Shelby is putting on the 2013 is not a new muffler. It's the same muffler they have been using on the previous super snakes. I'll have to ask them about the H pipe.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I believe they are doing quad tips. The ones that Shelby is doing is made for Shelby and can only be purchased through Shelby. The exhaust Shelby is putting on the 2013 is not a new muffler. It's the same muffler they have been using on the previous super snakes. I'll have to ask them about the H pipe.

cool cant wait for results....I love Borla!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Had Borla on my 03 Cobra. It should sound great when its done. Nothin like free exhaust setup for R&D usage :)

GSStage2

Established Member
I would certainly like to see the difference in power, than the difference adding the headers.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been NoTHinG BUT a rolling Borla salesman since it was installed on my '99 back in '05.

I'd love to first, HEAR an axelback sound they engineer specifically for the 5.8, as well as SEE what they have planned appearance wise.

I suppose it's a good thing I'm nowhere near their facilities, lest I feel highly PISSED as I could have afforded them the first car available for research, and the first rolling salesman.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
So I went to Borla today to check on the progress of the exhaust system. They have the mufflers done. They stayed with the quad tips. They look great IMO. They maintain the stock look. It's not a rolled tip either. They sound is great. They are making the exhaust with there 4 core muffler system. I would post pics but I was asked not to. They did dyno the car stock and they were getting ready to dyno it with there system but I had to leave so not sure of the out come yet. They will be offering long tube headers as well. They should be putting them on next week and will be dyno it again. So far everything seems to be moving along quite well. I'm very excited as I'm sure all you will be once you hear it or order it and have it put on your Shelby's.

While I was there they had one of those Shelby 1000's there. Borla is making a exhaust system for that as well as 2 inch headers. The undercarriage looks great.

Hoping to be able to get some sound clips and pics up by the end of next week.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
So I went to Borla today to check on the progress of the exhaust system. They have the mufflers done. They stayed with the quad tips. They look great IMO. They maintain the stock look. It's not a rolled tip either. They sound is great. They are making the exhaust with there 4 core muffler system. I would post pics but I was asked not to. They did dyno the car stock and they were getting ready to dyno it with there system but I had to leave so not sure of the out come yet. They will be offering long tube headers as well. They should be putting them on next week and will be dyno it again. So far everything seems to be moving along quite well. I'm very excited as I'm sure all you will be once you hear it or order it and have it put on your Shelby's.

While I was there they had one of those Shelby 1000's there. Borla is making a exhaust system for that as well as 2 inch headers. The undercarriage looks great.

Hoping to be able to get some sound clips and pics up by the end of next week.

:banana::D:pop::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread