Borla Exhaust for the SHO

xxSHONUFFXX

Established Member
I have an 01 GT and my new SHO. The '01 GT has an aggressive Borla exhaust and I love it. My hope is that Borla is going to be coming out with an exhaust very soon.

Anyone hear anything on this? I've searched online (eBay, Summit, etc.) and can't find anything.

xxSHONUFFXX

Established Member
I tried....lol...They were closed....1st thing Monday u bet.

BTW: Termin8tr.....nice ride dude....

thepawn

Established Member
On the SHOForums they were discussing that there is an upcoming borla upgrade coming out but they are still working on it. They don't expect any performance gains on the stock car, just a change in exhaust tone.

xxSHONUFFXX

Established Member
Hola,

OK, I called Borla and my timing was perfect because they either still have or had a SHO in last week for test fitment, etc... They do have a part number dedicated to the SHO exhaust. He called it a split rear dual 2.25" exhaust. I got pricing, buuuuuuuuuuut the part is not available yet (to be released at the end of the year). This got my gears going. I asked for a Borla dealer in my area (sorry Borla I'm not paying your retail price) and they gave me their site. I saw it on their site, which surprised me because I cannot find it anywhere else. I called, and spoke at length about my new baby (SHO not the kids...lol). The rep. said they were currently taking pre-orders. He also lined me up with Volant's tech (Dan) to possibly be a test fit for their SHO intake kit. To make a long story short, my invoice number of 900-00723 is for my new BORLA FREAKIN EXHAUST.....hell yeah baby! I know you're not supposed to advertise for non-sponsored companys so I'm not going to list their site, but I'll give you their info. if you PM me.

thepawn: Borla does not make exhausts simply for an exhaust note change. Performance gains (HP/Torque) are one of the components needed before they'll even put an exhaust in production. I got a whole long speech about this when I called for the exhaust for my Stang.

I'm one excited dude!

thepawn

Established Member
Talk so far has been there is very little restriction on the engine from the exhaust at stock tunes and that without a tune or some other parts, you won't see much gain...though you have to be careful too to not lose your low-end torque by opening it up too much...but you are in the same chats already, so I think you know. lol. :)

Last edited:

xxSHONUFFXX

Established Member
Let the countdown begin: 2-3 wks (call from vendor today gives me hope to get this put on before I go on vacation)....:)

Users who are viewing this thread