Borla atak axleback

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
After selling my JBA, then Flowmaster, I bought these, And it's just not the sound i seek. Definitely loud, Minimal drone on a cat delete setup. Just not my cup of tea, Bought for 400.00 plus shipping off of ebay i'll do 400 shipped or best offer. The left side (drivers side) tip has a dent in it good size one, but you'd have to really look close when installed to see it. Barely noticeable installed.
I can post a sound clip if people are interested, I might be leaning towards Gt500's. I'll post or text pics to whoever is interested. Thanks.

jkudai13

Established Member
After selling my JBA, then Flowmaster, I bought these, And it's just not the sound i seek. Definitely loud, Minimal drone on a cat delete setup. Just not my cup of tea, Bought for 400.00 plus shipping off of ebay i'll do 400 shipped or best offer. The left side (drivers side) tip has a dent in it good size one, but you'd have to really look close when installed to see it. Barely noticeable installed.
I can post a sound clip if people are interested, I might be leaning towards Gt500's. I'll post or text pics to whoever is interested. Thanks.

could you post a clip or email me/Pm! i might be interested.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Honestly no, if it was going to done it would have done so, If anything you'll get a slightly higher pitch, but that also depends on your h pipe or midpipe that you choose. I wish i could have a sound between my jba's and these, here in MA with this exhaust i'd be painting a target on myself. I previously had flowmaster american thunders...and man did they drone!, these are quiter in the cab than flowmasters.

jkudai13

Established Member
Honestly no, if it was going to done it would have done so, If anything you'll get a slightly higher pitch, but that also depends on your h pipe or midpipe that you choose. I wish i could have a sound between my jba's and these, here in MA with this exhaust i'd be painting a target on myself. I previously had flowmaster american thunders...and man did they drone!, these are quiter in the cab than flowmasters.

Just wondering because i just added SW long tubes with matching O/R X pipe and SW catback...and so far it drones horrible. i hate it. I dont know why it drones...im thinking its because the SW is pretty much a straight pipe design. I want to get rid of that drone..So i dont want this catback lol i want something drone free. Im wondering if these axle backs would work

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Well i did get rid of that dreaded drone with these, and they are definitely aggresive sounding, just none of that booooooooooooom.....boooooo booooooooooom sound people get.
My pype bombs droned. My jba's did not, my flowmasters lived up to their surname (dronemasters) and these borlas don't. i'll post a pic of the tips so that you can see the dent one has is not noticeable when installed.

jkudai13

Established Member
Well i did get rid of that dreaded drone with these, and they are definitely aggresive sounding, just none of that booooooooooooom.....boooooo booooooooooom sound people get.
My pype bombs droned. My jba's did not, my flowmasters lived up to their surname (dronemasters) and these borlas don't. i'll post a pic of the tips so that you can see the dent one has is not noticeable when installed.

okay thanks

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
20140117_213001_zpsfefebcd5.jpg

20140117_213012_zps9868128a.jpg

The one on the drivers side is the one with the dent on the top towards the middle of the tip ( i bought it that way) and don't mind the low hanging off center exhaust, lazy, and just wanted to slap them on to see what the deal was, never adjusted my ota's to bring them up.

jkudai13

Established Member
those are high flow cats...but damn that sounds good too. i hope these also bolt up to 3 inch catback because thats what i have

Users who are viewing this thread