Boring pics... Project XRATED

XR8TED285

Established Member
Well I finally really just remembered that I owned a cobra I went and got it back from where I had it stored and it now sits in my garage hopefully I can Start working on my own stuff for a while Here is a pic of the short block and heads I need to get my intake from sullivan so I can port it and coat it.. The valve covers, front cover and oil pan are being coated with a dispersant coating in black.. Heads flowed 317 int. 222 exhaust thes were for my n/a setup velocities were higher then stock so the heads are sick.. Heads will also be dispersant coated black and I have newer vavles then the ones pictured new ones are nitride coated black.. Once I get it all built I can start fabbing up the turbo kit...

myblock.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01202.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00771.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00952.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is some pics of some edelbrocks I did with dispersant coating
DSC01145.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01119.jpg
[/IMG]

Taz

Established Member
What's the advantage of the dispersant coating? Heat dissipation?

T

XR8TED285

Established Member
Got the pan done it is fresh out of the oven I will get the front cover and valve covers done tommarow hopefully...
DSC01208.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01211.jpg
[/IMG]

XR8TED285

Established Member
I am only 21 I have been doing heads for 4 years or so I started with a company named H.C.I and got a great job offer to work with some ex top fuel and winston cup and indy engine builders I took this job and it is located in Santa Clara california we are a little on the high end when it comes to putting motors together but these guys go over the top imo..We have a full on cylinder head fab shop so we do heads as a speacilty but can build anything from all out yamaha 450 race quads to top fuel engines

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I assume when you say the velocity is high and the heads are 'sick' you mean that in a good way.

What are the final specs on the engine going to be?

NXSVTCOBRA

pm me and let me know what you want for those ported 03's you have listed in your sig, i know someone tht may be interested, i'll pass the info on to him, also if they are bare or assembled

XR8TED285

Established Member
Engine is a 285.6 ci .030 teksid block mildly worked cobra crank with 10.4-10.7:1 comp. cp flat tops I have manley rods in there rite now but I am having some custom Pauter chromoly rods made heads are 03 heads with a sullivan intake..cams will be custom I need to send the flow numbers to elgin and have him grind me some cams... As for the turbo it will be a long tube style tubular header with a t-76 gts...

Last edited:

XR8TED285

Established Member
Race gas and f.a.s.t I am gonna open up the chambers on the next heads more to drop the compression and run a custom head gasketthat is a litlle bit thicker.. alot of guys making 850 to 1000 + run flat tops

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread