Boring factory Throttle body

akwhtbst

Established Member
Has anyone used maxbore.com?

They bore the factory Throttle body to 85mm and install a larger butterfly blade.

Maxbore.com

Thanks

96gt02

Established Member
I used them for my focus st tb, they did a nice job and good service, id say the whole process took about 2 weeks including shipping both ways, I also have them thin my shaft as well.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I think I agree with Aaron. My car still has the stock throttle body and I can easily push it into the 700 whp with E85 and a new pulley without changing the TB. Spend the money somewhere else.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I think I agree with Aaron. My car still has the stock throttle body and I can easily push it into the 700 whp with E85 and a new pulley without changing the TB. Spend the money somewhere else.

Might be a little different with NA vs forced induction though, especially if you are just trying to squeeze out every little bit. Seeing as the OP has a ported boss intake and is NA, it might very well help him. You can pretty much run whatever you want on a blower or turbo car and make power.

I will be giving Maxbore a shout myself to have them do my t/b up and I will try to do some testing, which all mainly will take place at the track. It will be about a month or so before I get with them as I am doing other things in steps. I am running the stock manifold btw.

Users who are viewing this thread