Borg Warner EFR turbos

scholle

Established Member
I courious if anyone has actually used these. I see mention of them on 4 and 6 cylinder engines as well as factory upgrades. I believe they were also the turbos used for the *experimental twin turbo* Cobra Jet.
tech_turbo_efrgtxsidebyside.jpg 203849d1364226903-twin-turbo-cobra-jet-engine-pics-img_0782.jpg
They are expensive compared to some other high end turbos.
My guess is that since are are longer than a standard turbo, fitment is an issue. However,if what they claim is true, you wouldnt need to purchase external wastegates and BOVs or run extra plumbing for them. I suppose that would offset some costs and improve ease of fitment.

CPRsm

Yeah, they are a pain to fit w any symmetry. Between the overall length, and width added from the rod and canister they're definitely a pain. The BOV's make a wierd squawking sound. The internal gates are ok in thoery but w only one nipple on one side of the diaphram that makes it hard to force the valve with out without Co2

scholle

Established Member
Thanks! I was hoping to get your input.
They are nice on paper... I'm not totally opposed to IWG's if they actually work... Aftermarket actuators add more expense to already expensive setups.

Users who are viewing this thread