Bored with the GT500, so I went to the lexus dealership to upgrade....

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
i would never and i mean never pay that much for a lexus. Ferrari would have saved you around 150k. lmao

I disagree with the whole mentality that 'it's just a Lexus'. That car has a staggering amount of engineering behind it, it is a true exotic regardless of the badge. And of course like any exotic, the absorbent price tag is only justifiable by the person who can afford to pay it. :beer:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I disagree with the whole mentality that 'it's just a Lexus'. That car has a staggering amount of engineering behind it, it is a true exotic regardless of the badge. And of course like any exotic, the absorbent price tag is only justifiable by the person who can afford to pay it.

I agree. If you have the money and you want it... buy it. I would in a heartbeat.... if I could.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was just thinking that anyone can take pictures of themselves in sweet rides at a dealership and say they bought it,lol.

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member

Synister500

I'm with stupid
Established Member
I thought Toyota/Lexus wasn't even selling this car??? They are lease only at this point??? Either way cool joke! Also, I don't care how much money I had, there would be a stang in the garage, even among the exotic dream list. But I guarantee you it would be 1 of the baddest mustangs on the planet!

BJ

megameGT500

Established Member
you didn't read the entire thread did you? :bash:

lol
you guys are too much. While i wish i could plop down the 381k this thing stickers for, i cannot. A good friend of mine is the gm of the dealership and he called me to come check it out tonight.
The vid i shot is a little painful to watch, but the interior is bad ass and it sounds amazing.

Got it. That was good.

SBTerminator

Established Member
$381,000...That's it?! I wonder what the mark up is over that sticker price.

Nice car tho.

Actually "invoice" is usually more than MSRP. I worked for a Lexus store and till the beginning of this month drove my bosses LFA. only reason I don't drive it now is I'm at his Honda/Hyundai store..

Worth EVERY PENNY and then some.
6312ccc1-54e1-3ca6.jpg

6312ccc1-54f4-d176.jpg

6312ccc1-5514-08f0.jpg

6312ccc1-552b-58df.jpg

6312ccc1-554a-3e18.jpg

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Damn that thing is hot! I'd put 500 miles on that the first week I'd own it. You definitely need to post a few WOT vids.:rockon:

bakeme9699

Established Member
The first pic looks like a Hyundai Tiburon mated with the J.C Whitney catalog...I'm not really feeling it, but it does get better the more I check it out

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If you have that kind of change....what the hell were you in a Mustang for? If not for the love of a Mustang.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

i have a customer with a 2011 GT500 who also owns a few ferraris including the latest one. says he really enjoys driving his gt500. just gives him a feeling the others cant/dont.

Nah, it's a Toyota brah :)

lol

Honestly, I have always been one of the people that said the price is rediculous. After sitting in it and playing with it for a bit, it really is an amazing machine. I would have a hard choice to make if I was going to spend that kind of coin on a hotrod.

unless i had saudi prince money i dont think id ever buy one. and even then, it would probably be just to have one in my collection of 1000 cars. but then again, who knows, driving or riding in one can always change that opinion lol. ill likely never have to worry about making that decision lol

I disagree with the whole mentality that 'it's just a Lexus'. That car has a staggering amount of engineering behind it, it is a true exotic regardless of the badge. And of course like any exotic, the absorbent price tag is only justifiable by the person who can afford to pay it. :beer:

agreed. that thing is a formula one car in a streetable body. check out this video if you think its "just a lexus"

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKuoOtUsJxA"]Hot Lap! 2012 Lexus LFA - YouTube[/nomedia]

i just wish it looked a little better/different. not really my cup of tea..

I was just thinking that anyone can take pictures of themselves in sweet rides at a dealership and say they bought it,lol.

since the beginning of the internet lol

Actually "invoice" is usually more than MSRP. I worked for a Lexus store and till the beginning of this month drove my bosses LFA. only reason I don't drive it now is I'm at his Honda/Hyundai store..

6312ccc1-54e1-3ca6.jpg

6312ccc1-54f4-d176.jpg

6312ccc1-5514-08f0.jpg

6312ccc1-552b-58df.jpg

6312ccc1-554a-3e18.jpg

your boss must realllly like you lol. id be scared to death to take that thing out, let alone if it belonged to my boss! :read:

the pic of the LFA in front of your house is kind of funny looking, no offense. kind of reminds me of that viper in front of the mobile home pic. not that your car is equal to a mobile home lol, but the car in the driveway is worth twice what the house is! :D

(although im only guessing at what your house could be worth lol).

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

6312ccc1-54e1-3ca6.jpg

6312ccc1-54f4-d176.jpg

6312ccc1-5514-08f0.jpg

6312ccc1-552b-58df.jpg

6312ccc1-554a-3e18.jpg

Red one looks pretty good. :rockon:

1hot281

Established Member
They're awesome looking cars, and beyond great from a performance and engineering stand-point... and it's certainly a rare car... but i wouldn't pay that kinda money for a Toyota... or any Japanese car for that matter... ever. $380,000+...?

I don't care how fast it is... i'd gladly take a "slow" Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, or Aston over that any day of the week and twice on Thursdays

1hot281

Established Member
that thing is a formula one car in a streetable body. check out this video if you think its "just a lexus"

Hot Lap! 2012 Lexus LFA - YouTube

$380,000+ Toyota = 136.39

$225,000+ Ferrari = 136.22
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRmLDZXRRI"]Hot Lap! Ferrari 458 Italia - YouTube[/nomedia]

$135,000+ Porsche = 136.77
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9er4aaViU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA065B3B0D418E759"]Hot Lap! 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - YouTube[/nomedia]

megameGT500

Established Member
Kyle Busch had his 450k "loaner" for about an hour and he ended up with a ticket for 83 mph over the speed limit. I bet he enjoyed every minute of it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
They're awesome looking cars, and beyond great from a performance and engineering stand-point... and it's certainly a rare car... but i wouldn't pay that kinda money for a Toyota... or any Japanese car for that matter... ever. $380,000+...?

I don't care how fast it is... i'd gladly take a "slow" Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, or Aston over that any day of the week and twice on Thursdays

+1

Cool car but no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread