Border Patrol Agent Causes Accident..blames civilian

65fastback2+2

Established Member
but just so happens the civilian had a dash cam!

another case of our stand up law enforcement at work

[video=youtube;ldLDrBOjzEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLDrBOjzEg[/video]

A video circulating on the Internet appears to show a member of the U.S. Border Patrol crash into a civilians car — then wrongly blame the accident on the other driver, probably not knowing his dash-camera recorded the entire incident.

The April 10 video shows a man coasting through a New York intersection when a U.S. Border Patrol van with it’s siren on suddenly makes a left turn in front of him, causing him to crash into it.

“As you can plainly see, I was driving along at a normal pace minding my own business when out of nowhere, a van from the US Border patrol (my luck!) makes a left turn right in front of me, and then BAM!” the individual named “Ted” wrote on his website about the accident.

It was not clear when exactly the incident occurred.

Immediately after the accident, a man from the van can be heard accosting the individual, attempting to cast blame on him. According to WABC-TV, the individual was a federal agent.

“You didn’t see the light?” he asks the civilian.

According to a police report posted by Ted, the agent reiterated the same talking points to authorities, telling them that Ted had run a red light.

Little did the agent know, the entire incident had been captured on a dash-cam video. It shows that Ted’s light was, in fact, green.

“After reviewing the video a few times, I realized exactly what had happened,” Ted wrote. “The US border van had white and blue lights flashing on top of the van, causing the 2 cars in the left and center lanes to stop and let the van make a left turn (which was an illegal left, as you can see in the video).”

“I was in the right lane, so I did not see the flashing lights, because from the driver’s seat, the Border Patrol van was blocked by the other 2 cars,” he continued. “Furthermore, red flashing lights might have caught my attention, but faint white and blue lights in bright sunlight did not give me any indication of an emergency vehicle approaching. Not that the van had any excuse for ramming into me.”

Ted could not be reached for comment by TheBlaze. The U.S. Border Patrol did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...d-he-know-this-key-piece-of-evidence-existed/

snakedoctor

Established Member
Well there's the problem…He was too distracted listening to the awesomeness of the bee gees. I mean when "you should be dancing" is on you are transferred to another realm.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Do you post anything besides cop bashing or religious threads?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I'm sure there are pro cop forums where you can be coddled and not have to worry about the big bad citizenry not understanding your hardship as warriors for the thin blue line..

Imagine that...

Screen-Shot-2014-03-20-at-1.53.58-AM.png

Equalbracket

Established Member
So the camera he is using went from $299 to $199 in the few day old article, now the things are almost sold out, or $380-400+.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm sure there are pro cop forums where you can be coddled and not have to worry about the big bad citizenry not understanding your hardship as warriors for the thin blue line..

Imagine that...

Screen-Shot-2014-03-20-at-1.53.58-AM.png
gotta love idiots that make up memes with half the truth and then people like you and the op swallow it hook line and sinker. ever ask yourself WHY those complaints dropped by 88%? like maybe the idiots getting their asses handed to them by the police realized that with the body cam they had no complaint because the cops now have proof they didn't before? so 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.

it follows that that use of force has dropped because yes, officers are being more careful and thinking more before they go off and thus are doing it less. but 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
You got your own donut munchin forum... Why the hell not? Instead though let's name it.. "Concerned citizens for LEO oversight Cafe."

The "Donut Shop" isn't an LEO only forum for atta-boys, it is for SVTP members to go to ask questions, or get insight from LEOs.

Tezz500

Established Member
LEO insight from the donut shop
1. Don't break the law
2. If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.
3. Accept your responsibility.

The "Donut Shop" isn't an LEO only forum for atta-boys, it is for SVTP members to go to ask questions, or get insight from LEOs.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
Did you want to post up facts to discredit mine? Or should we just continue with the hyperbole, sarcasm and witty back and forth banter?

gotta love idiots that make up memes with half the truth and then people like you and the op swallow it hook line and sinker. ever ask yourself WHY those complaints dropped by 88%? like maybe the idiots getting their asses handed to them by the police realized that with the body cam they had no complaint because the cops now have proof they didn't before? so 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.

it follows that that use of force has dropped because yes, officers are being more careful and thinking more before they go off and thus are doing it less. but 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.

Users who are viewing this thread