Boosted Bullit vs Evo

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
So I was out cruising today and ran into a clean newer body style Evo, I have no idea what mods he had, but it looked lowered, had pillar gauges, so I'm guessing just bolt-ons, possibly a bolt-on turbo upgrade. Anyways I tried to get him to slow down from 70, but he wouldn't budge. I was at about 70 in 3rd, sort of a weak spot, he ended up taking the hit. He gained for a second or two :dw: until the T-trim started building boost, sucking the paint clean off his car :D, and after that it was around 6 car lengths by the time I shut down at 120 midway through 4th. It was an expected outcome, but you never know with evo's, they can surprise you sometimes... First actual kill with the new setup, had 3 runs with my pop's pulley/127mm/exhaust 07 GT500, but those were back and forth, tough to call.

evolve

Established Member
If you pulled that many busses on him, I assume he has bolt ons. A big turbo evo is no slouch, trust me. Good kill either way!

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
yup! thats definitely more than enough to smack around a bolt-on evo. ;-)

Figured I'd just test him out, there's no real way to tell a bolt-on evo from a big turbo one until you line up. I got a buddy with an Evo X and he's planning on doing a turbo upgrade, so that should be a good race with my current setup.

randoo

Established Member
I have an 11 evo with a BBk light, cams, full exhaust, water/meth etc etc. 400awhp and itll eat my 625hp big block 68 Camaro with a tremec 6 speed for lunch.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kill. You're probably getting close to your limit on those rods. Are you going to build the bottom end? The first Mustang I ever rode in was a 2001 DHG Vortech Bullitt.

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Thanks.

Nice kill. You're probably getting close to your limit on those rods. Are you going to build the bottom end? The first Mustang I ever rode in was a 2001 DHG Vortech Bullitt.

The rods are on borrowed time and I do have plans to pick up a Teksid and Build that when the stock one lets go. I'm trying to make this setup last for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread