boosted 331 vs NA 427W vs boosted 427W

red9450

Established Member
Novi357's car is an absolute rocketship. I think that he has a 427 with an f2 procharger. runs 9.1@158 or something crazy.

I think that it all depends on what you want to do with it. For a nasty street fox, I think that a 500whp N/A 427 would be loads of fun, but you can go mild or wild.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
I want to lean toward EFI, but i know a carb setup would be cheaper. I think if I go boosted i'll do EFI, but if it's NA i'll do carb.

amorrow

Established Member
I'm a believer of keeping classics N/A and carbureted...personally I'd go with any 351W-based stroker. Besides, there would be a lot of work (and $$$) involved just getting a '67 to the point of being able to make use of a blown 427 stroker. That's a lot of power for a 40 year-old unibody to handle.

Have you done anything to strengthen the car itself....subframes, or rollcage? What suspension setup to you plan on running?

97samssnake

Established Member
It may sound stupid, but being able to badge your car as having a 427 and it really having a 427ci engine is pretty cool.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Build a 408/427 with a lower compression and still make 500hp then boost it down the road. The strength of the stock block and ability to get easy cubes are the advantages of the 351. If you had to buy a 4-bolt block to handle big power, might as well go for the 9.5 over the 8.2 as its basically the same money. Just my thoughts, sounds like a cool project--good luck.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread