boost without wide band

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i did search but these words are two common

How many of you guys are running lowers and not using a wide band? what can be done so that the motor will be safe with out till i get some cash freed up

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
my tune is coming from LFP. i gave them a list of mods. What do you think?

I see your from Ennis, TX, and I am pretty sure that you have already heard this, but you might want to take the time to take your L to PSI in Webster. Patrick will take good care of you. And his tunes are really solid. Take it down there and get it dyno tuned. That is what I did. He did all the repair work to mine when I burnt up a valve, due to the previous owner trading it in to a dealership and them reflashing the computer to stock and causing my truck to lean out at wot! He fixed it little over a year ago and it has ran perfectly since.

uncooked

Established Member
I think alot of guys do it.

I wanted to be safe so I did it backwards of most guys. Fuel pressure, Oil, pressure, Boost in the A pillar. LC-1 Wideband in a steering column mount as first mods.

Next up - CAI, Valvebody, ran a diablo tune with no pulley for quite sometime. Then recently did a intercooler cleaning, maf swap, pulley, plug change, and oil separator in one go.

Canned Diablo 93 pulley tune. My A/F is a fat low to mid 10 at WOT, Once the weather warms up I will go in for a proper tune.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Im running a 6# lower and no wideband (have an Innovate setup in the pod just not hooked up yet). I have an email tune from JJ and I would assume its a little rich just for safety but I wont know till I hook up my wideband

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Regardless of how good your tune is a wideband is important so that you might be able to get out of the throttle in time in the event of some unforeseen problem such as a faulty fuel pump, a clogged or faulty injector, a cracked y-fitting, a ruptured in-tank fuel line, a dirty fuel filter, etc. rear their head.

Users who are viewing this thread