Boost with TVS and stock pullies on 11/12's

einehund

Established Member
iirc the ford racing TVS and the VMP TVS run different stock pullies. the VMP TVS can be ordered with any number of pullies so I don't know if you can really count on that being "stock"

gr850

Established Member
Sorry, I was referring to the Ford Racing 2013 Shelby TVS. Not sure of the pulley size on it.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
You will see around 14-15 pounds with the stock FORD TVS pulley. (thats my guess) I believe its a 2.68 or something like that. Basically a 2.7 upper.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
You will see around 14-15 pounds with the stock FORD TVS pulley. (thats my guess) I believe its a 2.68 or something like that. Basically a 2.7 upper.

yep, that's about right. I'd say closer to 15 lbs with stock exhaust and the stock pulley, which is about 2.68 as SRT mentioned.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Spec for the 13 shelby is 15lbs after i put my 10% lower on I seen 17.9 lbs mac. As u decrease the.restrictiveness of the intake/exhaust those numbers will decrease.

gr850

Established Member
Hmm, I've looked around the blower and the only positive line I see is the one going from the lower front on the blower to the fuel press soilenoid. So how is the stock boost gauge getting a boost reading?

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Hmm, I've looked around the blower and the only positive line I see is the one going from the lower front on the blower to the fuel press soilenoid. So how is the stock boost gauge getting a boost reading?

In short it isn't directly gauged, it is inferred from other parameters. I forget exactly what they are (likely manifold vac, rpm, ?). it is generally recommended on the forums to upgrade to an aftermarket gauge when you start changing stock boost through pullies, upgraded s/c's, etc... . I'd like to have a mechanical gauge but I ended up with an all-in-one Aerforce Interceptor gauge that combines AF gauge, boost gauge (with add-on sensor), timing, coolant temp, etc... . It also fits nicely into a single roush gauge pod and displays two parameters at a time and can scan multiple parameters. If you have an '11-up, it will read AFR through the factory wide-band O2 sensors.

gr850

Established Member
In short it isn't directly gauged, it is inferred from other parameters. I forget exactly what they are (likely manifold vac, rpm, ?). it is generally recommended on the forums to upgrade to an aftermarket gauge when you start changing stock boost through pullies, upgraded s/c's, etc... . I'd like to have a mechanical gauge but I ended up with an all-in-one Aerforce Interceptor gauge that combines AF gauge, boost gauge (with add-on sensor), timing, coolant temp, etc... . It also fits nicely into a single roush gauge pod and displays two parameters at a time and can scan multiple parameters. If you have an '11-up, it will read AFR through the factory wide-band O2 sensors.[/QUOT

I may be wrong but looking at the setup the boost must be measured via an electrical means from the fuel pressure soilenoid. If I wanted to measure boost via a mechanical gauge would I not have to tap into the mechanical line going from the from lower portion of the blower to the FPS?

Users who are viewing this thread