Boost Surging...

Boozshey

Established Member
So I noticed today that when I am in 6th and I step on the gas a little to pass my boost jumps to 6psi then drops to 0 then back to 6psi then back to 0. I found that odd, so then I dropped down to 5th gear and tried the same thing. The same thing happened. So I dropped it down to 4th gear and bamn, full boost.

Other than belt slip, which I am running a stock pulley, what could cause that to happen?

Boozshey

Established Member
Horrible.. Last night I ran a 7.6 but the car was bogging on launch. 1.76 60'. With the old motor at 525 I ran a 7.3 with a 1.6 60ft.

Just go tuned today so next week I will see what I do.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
So the throttle calibration has nothing to do with air flow? Last time I checked you have to give it gas for the TB to open up, and doesn't the throttle cal have to do with the sensitivity of the tb opening? Hence giving the blower air and creating boost?

blackshelby

So the throttle calibration has nothing to do with air flow? Last time I checked you have to give it gas for the TB to open up, and doesn't the throttle cal have to do with the sensitivity of the tb opening? Hence giving the blower air and creating boost?

The throttle body doesnt know what gear it's in.

Its all about airflow. All airflow and load calaculations come off from the MAF meter. Its needs to be accurate.
The MAF sensor/meter is the heart of the system. When the transfer function is wrong in the tune.... so will everything else.(it controls all, every calcualtion behind it depends on it)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread