boost #s you guys are getting with set ups..and power

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
hey guys/gals, i was wondering what everyone is seeing for boost... with my set up i get 13-13.5 #s of boost, mods are apten, JLP forced air intake, O/R x pipe, magnaflow catback.. the pulley i have is a 2.80 upper only and was thinking about going to a 2 # lower.. isnt the 2.80 upper saposed to give 14#s - 16#s? ported cars and none ported cars what do you see? i also have a gords ford HE, for cooling as well and a mezier water pump.. now another question is... if you add headers (mid lengths) im assuming that you would loose some boost cause you're freeing up back presure.. but if you add more boost to the system you should make more power then what you were doing with less boost but now you can run more becuase you opened up the exhuast..

this would add more HP right? say that i have the set up above without headers... and i made 499 RWHP . then added mid lengths to the set up.. and lost power down to say maybe 470 now and i lost 1# of boost (from 13-13.5 to 12-12.5 because of the headers, now if i added a 2# lower to make up for the more free-flowing air from the headers and am making 15-15.5 #s of boost i should see more HP right?

also, do you think that the blower would still be over spinning and loose lonengevity? (spelling wrong?) even with everything moving through the system? what ya guys think with everything? thanks guys :read:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
With 6# lower, 3.1 upper and ported blower I get 16# plus. My Hilton overlay is pegged (I calibrated it so it is accurate). I could be running 17-18#.

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
badboy said:
With 6# lower, 3.1 upper and ported blower I get 16# plus. My Hilton overlay is pegged (I calibrated it so it is accurate). I could be running 17-18#.

What kind of numbers you putting down very close to my setup.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
cpu77 said:
What kind of numbers you putting down very close to my setup.
My last dyno was questionable because my tires were slipping on the dyno rollers. The numbers were 456 HP and 477 TQ. I should be doing better than that. I will be getting it checked again soon on a new dyno.

GotGrunt

Established Member
2.93 upper on an unported blower = a hair over 13lbs. on my boost overlay...

64comet

Established Member
3" upper and just past the numbers on the gauge. Remember seeing the overlay thing in one of the old MMFF mags, but anyone no were to get it. Will need it here soon. Plan on 2.8" in the fairly near future.

GotGrunt

Established Member
64comet said:
3" upper and just past the numbers on the gauge. Remember seeing the overlay thing in one of the old MMFF mags, but anyone no were to get it. Will need it here soon. Plan on 2.8" in the fairly near future.
CLICK

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread