Boost reading question?

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I hooked up my autometer boost gauge today and I dont think im getting a correct reading. When im WOT its reading 10 lbs. It has about 22 vacum in park and in gear about 19 vacum. I teed it into my factory boost gauge line just like it shows in the " How To" forum. My stock boost gauge needle pegs way past 10. Shouldnt I be around 14lbs with a 6# lower? The 99 L comes with 8lbs. stock correct? Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

MOORESPEED

Established Member
well to day it was 95 degs. Got on it, 10psi.
Tonight went out to dinner and coming back home it was 76 degs. Got on it and still 10psi. You sure theres nothing else it might be? I thought I would see a little difference there.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
No, I have not calibrated it. Could someone please tell me how. I could not find it in the "How To" section. Also when the truck is off is it supposed to be on 0? My needle sits on like 3 vacum.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
First you take out the light bulb from the boost gauge. Then look in the hole around the outer edge. There will be a brass ring that goes all the way around. Get something like a screwdriver that will fit through the hole and move the ring. As your doing it watch the needle till you get it on zero. Very simple to do. Hope this helps.

Tony

JayL

Established Member
So if you have a guage that only reads boost, is there a reason to calibrate it or will it just stay that way because the needle rests on the stop when not in boost?

Users who are viewing this thread