Boost - No boost - Boost again - Help

itpphoto

Established Member
Hello, car is 99% stock (only a shifter) 2500 miles. Coming home this morning I got on it a little to pass an idiot in his BMW Z3. Fine no problem, it stumbled a little at the high end. I thought I might have hit the rev limiter, as I never have before so I have no idea what it feels like.
Anyhow, next light just shifting up like normal and at 3000 rpm it starts falling flat, stumbling like no gas or something, under 3 it was ok. Next light same thing, this time I stay in it longer and give it some gas, no power after 3000, no boost on the gauge, falls flat. Under 3000 no problem. Try it again, same thing. Get home do a search, check all vac lines etc. Start motor, no hissing, no leaks, rev motor all sounds fine. Take it out around the block and it's fine. No stumble, strong up though 4500 with boost showing on the gauge. I hate when stuff like this happens, I'd rather it stay broke so it can be fixed. No other problems ever.
Any ideas?
thanks,
Frank

Last edited:

itpphoto

Established Member
I did have it on but did this from a roll. I thought of that (or the rev limiter) plus it was the problems after the fact, falling flat and no boost.
thanks,
Frank

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by Killer Cobra
Wonder if it's the fuel Pressure Sensor going on you.

Sounds like it could be.

Damn there have been a lot of these failing.

i8u

Established Member
Has your check engine light flashed on and then gone off yet? If so..... Pull the codes.:beer:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
JUst trying to help... Think I read on here someone's vacumm line popped off somewhere which caused the same exact thing. Look harder for a line disconnected and search for the thread in here!!

itpphoto

Established Member
I did find the thread on the vacuum line from a previous search. It's great info, pictures and all. I followed that info and then double checked and ran the motor, and all sounds fine. It's only after about 3000 when it stumbles and no boost shows on the guage. Most times now it's fine, pulls like it should, shows boost etc. Every once and awhile though it does it. I may change the fuel pressure sender just in case.
Thanks everyone,
Frank

ltv1

Established Member
Mine used to shut down at 4500 like clockwork, WOT in third gear. If you find out let me know! Mine did not lurch or make any noise. the SC just shut off. Then it stalls. This leads me to believe it is fuel pressure related, but I don't know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread