Boost levels for stock motor?

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
IMG_4073.JPG
The BMR clears my Whipple. Not sure if it'll clear yours.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase, im just across the Nice bridge a few miles from Budds Creek. Who do you have installing the kit for you, if you are looking for someone to do it cheap and right let me know. Not sure if you knew or not but we have a VMP dealer and installer right here in Mechanicsville. I guarantee you wont find a shop that will do it cheaper and he does great work.

Best of luck with the kit, I had a TVS on my 04 Cobra and it definitely woke it up!!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
What gauges should I run?
What should I be watching?
Boost?
Fuel pressure?
IATs?
Im running the Lund Racing Ngauge with the boost box and fuel pressure sensors. Its a very helpful gauge with being able to have a readout of 6 items at once.

deletednow2017

Established Member
If you want 600 to the wheels and cheap, get the beefcake special paxton or vortech and add the torque booster kit. I have it myself on an auto so my numbers a bit lower but all the people ive seen who own a manual and have it, get around 610 to the wheels. This is all on stock internals and a conservative Lund tune. I DD my car every day btw
Thanks for the shoutout. Our special is definitely hard to beat. That being said, you'll love your VMP GEN2R. The daily-drivability of a supercharged car is just hard to beat, whether it be PD or centri. I have a turbo 5.0 and I run only a boost gauge. I know plenty of guys way faster than my car and they run only a boost gauge, too. The nGauge is a great all-in-one tuner/gauge that I would recommend. If you have billet OPG/CG (if not, let me know and I'll hook ya up on a set), just be concerned with fuel pressure, IMO.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If you use an SCT handheld I would highly suggest picking up an Aeroforce gauge. One gauge that will display any of the parameters you listed above.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I had dual aeroforce interceptors. They were a little slow on reading their parameters and I got rid of them within 3 weeks.

With the duals I believe this has always been a problem. I remember many Terminator owners reporting the same thing. I do not believe this is an issue with the single gauges displaying one parameter.

deletednow2017

Established Member
With the duals I believe this has always been a problem. I remember many Terminator owners reporting the same thing. I do not believe this is an issue with the single gauges displaying one parameter.

I've read the same thing. The processing power is just not there to display near real-time information. The boost gauge on the dual aeroforce would be a solid 2-3 seconds off. It was kind of comical.

whatwhine

Established Member
Yeah I have a friend with a terminator who's dealing with aero force and I think I'll stay away from that.....

I'll definitely have a boost gauge.

Logan and Terry, yal are awesome and have great deals, I jumped on that 0% financing. Only reason I went through tps lol.

I have opg and crank sprocket coming now, mmr had a sale for Memorial Day

Users who are viewing this thread