Boost & HP Guess On This Setup???

myrsvt

Established Member
Trying to get an estimated Boost number on the setup I'm putting together.
It will be a V-1 with the "S"trim (not SC trim), 3" intercooler and 3.6" pulley.

Any similiar set-ups??
Thanks

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Need some input on the exhaust side and supporting mods, also on the intercooler what size piping through out? Then I can give you a good estimate. ;)

myrsvt

Established Member
CXRacing Intercooler 31x12x3 w/3" piping.
BBK Off Road X w/Flowmaster 40s
42# Injectors
LMAF w/ Vortech Inlet Piping
255lph in-tank
Vortech V1 "s"trim w/ 3.6 pulley

The rest is all stock 96 Cobra w/90,000miles

I'd like to be in the 8 to 10psi range with about 425rwhp range if that sounds reasonable?

From what I understand the Intercooler will take a little boost but the S trim impellar will add a little more than the "SC" would?

What U think?? Smaller pulley???

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
CXRacing Intercooler 31x12x3 w/3" piping.
BBK Off Road X w/Flowmaster 40s
42# Injectors
LMAF w/ Vortech Inlet Piping
255lph in-tank
Vortech V1 "s"trim w/ 3.6 pulley

The rest is all stock 96 Cobra w/90,000miles

I'd like to be in the 8 to 10psi range with about 425rwhp range if that sounds reasonable?

From what I understand the Intercooler will take a little boost but the S trim impellar will add a little more than the "SC" would?

What U think?? Smaller pulley???

your going to need a smaller pulley. i would say try a 3.12 pulley. i know i made 440 on 8 psi so if you can get to 8-10psi after the ic you should be good 420+it just depends on the tune. and even have a little room to grow with the fuel setup your running.:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ Yup pretty much everything that Scotty98 said lol. You will need a smaller pulley for sure because you are going to lose some boost between the intercooler and such. I was at 10psi with a 3.3'' with my old setup and my aftercooler, but I don't lose alot of boost with the aftercooler.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Op, I got the same IC and exhaust as you. I'm running a 3.12 on my s-trim and hitting 10 psi. That got me to 435 hp easy. Had a little more in it but the tuner left it there since I'm on the stock bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread