Boost happy!!

pacos-stang

Established Member
I'm working on an Eaton build for my 01 cobra. I'm so close to getting everything ready. I have ordered most of the parts and Now I'm just waiting for some a little change for the tune ect.... I hopping for around 400+hp at the wheel. I'm 16 and wondering what is this going to be like to have this power? The car I had before this was a 79" Vette. I restored it then sold it to get this car. It was not a slow car at all. Well not for someone my age. It had a 400 small block Chevy boarded 30 over and a mild cam. I'm just happy to almost be at the point to bolt everything on and wanted to talk about it. My dads to the point where hes going to start pulling out his hair if I don't leave him alone. lol But what all should I expect? What track numbers should I be looking for ect...

Also I know someone on here is going to say I'm to young and will put it in a ditch. But I'm a kid that has worked for what I have and put plenty of time and money to get the car. I respect what I have and I'm not going to let that time and money go to wast.

Thanks,
seth

01yellercobra

Established Member
No idea about the power and times, but I'll say not every teen can't handle power. My first car could lift the front tires on a hard launch and I never crashed it or wrapped it around a pole. It's still alive and well in my home town. Although it was wearing a full cage and long travel suspension last I saw.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If its going to be a stock eaton on low boost depending on any extras 400rwhp isnt out of the question. Track times depend on how you hook. Are you going to be running the stock IRS? If you are I would be very careful because with that much power it wont take but one 4k clutch dump to bust as half shaft or something.

What are the specs on your build?

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I was 19 when I bought my 01 cobra. Its still here and in perfect shape. Still the best thing I ever bought. Lol
Good luck with the build keep us posted. And post pics.
Just respect it and u will be fine.

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Also I know someone on here is going to say I'm to young and will put it in a ditch. But I'm a kid that has worked for what I have and put plenty of time and money to get the car. I respect what I have and I'm not going to let that time and money go to wast.

Thanks,
seth

Gotta learn sometime! More power to you. Oh, and WHITE POWER! White cobra power that is :banana:

pacos-stang

Established Member
Thanks everyone and This is going to be the first part of my build. After I get it a little boost then that's when Im going to start working on traction. After that I will prolly end up pulling out that motor to build it up some more.

Users who are viewing this thread