Boost guage pillar?

2001CobraDan

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm considering putting a boost gauge in my car. At this point, my interior is all stock as for guages, etc. There's a few different places that I'm considering putting it. first would be...

Mustang 1994-04 Gauge Pod, Steering Column Mount, Single 2-1/16" by Autometer at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Second would be...

2001-04 Mustang 2 1/16" Dual Instrument Cluster Bezel by ProPod at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

And last would be...

1994-02 Mustang 2 1/16" Single Gauge Pillar Pod by ProPod at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

What do you guys like the best???

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
which do you like best? apple or PC
which do you like best? windows or lynux
which do you like best? ford or chevy
which do you like best? anything or something else

the best thing you can do is find people in your area that have them installed, sit in the car and see which one fits your style. Asking a question like this will get you 1,000answers from 999 different people all slamming the people that like what they don't.

Frankly I HATE the gauge pillars, I think they take up too much room, are ugly and take away from the appearence of the car. They also don't really fit my driving style. When I decided to change the gauges on my 95 I went with an entire replacement of the pod, two in the clock pod, and two more in the box that sits under the radio they will be arranged from most important in the gauge pod, next important in the clock pod and least important under the radio.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
#2 personally. I had one in my car to see how id like it and loved the placement, never put anything in it. Just put it in then took it right back out

99cobra302

Established Member
personally i hate pillar mount gauges, any ricer that sees it wants to immediately race you. i have a 99 with the dual single din radio openings, so i was able to put 3 gauges in below my head unit. i like then things like this look like they were supposed to be there.

of the choices you presented i would do the gauge cluster panel. get a boost and a wideband to fill the holes. that would look like it was factory.

Users who are viewing this thread