Boost gauge

gqneon

Established Member
I'm up to two vendors I've ordered from and neither have delivered. I bought out the EBay auction at top dollar ( from BlueOvalIndustries.com ebay page) and paid for it on Saturday and on Monday they said they sold out over the weekend and told me they would refund me or ship me one overnight (awesome gesture really) when their shipment of 50 they ordered arrived on Wednesday. I told them I'd wait for their Wednesday shipment, which never came, and when I emailed them to check in they said they have no idea when the next ones will arrive and refunded me without me asking.

This was after I called back Kyle at Bluepsringsfordparts.com and asked him if the parts I ordered June 4th had arrived (he indicated he marked them emergency when I ordered) or if he had any idea when they might. He didn't know so I asked him to either cancel and refund me my initial order, or, if the parts were coming in, to ship them even if it meant I ended up with an extra because I was sure someone else would take it off my hands based on the sudden popularity. I called back on Monday since I hadn't heard anything and he said it wasn't likely coming in so he'd cancel and refund me, but that order shows in process still Wednesday night and not cancelled and there's been no refund there.

Frustrating. I hooked up a cheapo mechanical gauge for my dyno runs and tuning just to have it for troubleshooting, but I don't want to hack up my car to install a gauge that won't match my current gauges in a brand new car. So the wait continues.

If ANYONE knows someone who has one to sell or a parts guy who can ACTUALLY get one, please message me. It's all that's left in this stage of my build and it would sure be nice to look at hahaha...

gqneon

Established Member
Mine stopped passing the zero. Won't go into boost now.

Good reason to see if the gt350 cluster works I guess!
So it only shows vacuum all of a sudden? But it was reading boost before? That's just not right.

I'm literally going out of my way to find one but don't want to end up paying $300 for a gauge that doesn't work

It's anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

REDS197

Established Member
Just get the trim piece and mount an after market gauge(s) that has a true vacuum line or a sending unit. The stock pcm "calculates" boost off of several parameters. My base car with track apps shows boost on the stock vacuum gauge in the middle of the dash. It is always 2-3 psi off though.

gqneon

Established Member
I cut the bezel off my cheapo mechanical boost gauge today and took the dash and gauge bezels apart. Those gauges are about 2 1/6th inches, and so was my cheapo, but because the oem ones stick so far into the bezel, I'm not sure how I'm going to mod some good gagues (autometer probably) to match well enough. I would also have to get an oil sending unit or tap into somewhere to read it I guess to get a signal to replace the other gauge in the cluster, unless somehow I can hack that stock instrument cluster in half. I didn't break open the internals yet, since I'm still using it and all and vacuum is better than nothing for now.

Has anyone gotten any custom mounting pods for 2015's yet? Or done their own? I'd love to see. I love the factory sleeper look of having it in the dash, but then again maybe there's a slick place to hide it.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Last edited:

Dcrypter

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread