Boost Gauge Poll

Mechanical or Electrical Boost Gauge in your ride?

• Total voters

Taz

Established Member
:idea:

Take advantage of what the best technology can offer.

Electronic.

A good electronic is just as accurate and responsive as any mechanical (them infurnal elektrons be movin purtee damned kwik!), and the better electronic models not only record and replay max boost levels, they can be programmed to emit overboost warnings at whatever boost levels you select.

T-

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Electric. A company called Defi makes some kick ass gauges (more oriented towards imports I think, but cool none-the-less). They have a system called D-Link where you can log runs on a little computer then play them back (works for all of there guages). It would be nice if you change tunes/boost a lot, but probably only if you spend a lot of time at a track.

Chi3f

Established Member
mechanical. Cheap and easy. I dont' need a boost gauge that data logs, between my xcal2 and my wideband commander's datalogging i am getting all the info i need.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Electric. A company called Defi makes some kick ass gauges (more oriented towards imports I think, but cool none-the-less). They have a system called D-Link where you can log runs on a little computer then play them back (works for all of there guages). It would be nice if you change tunes/boost a lot, but probably only if you spend a lot of time at a track.

Speaking of this setup... I have it in my Cobra. :D Here is a video of it.

http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/D...29660&nodeID=372865018&alreadyCurrentTab=true

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
JDaniel said:
Speaking of this setup... I have it in my Cobra. Here is a video of it.

Isn't working for me but I'll take your word for it.

I just have a mechanical Autometer Pro or Sport comp (I can't remember, I have one or the other in another car so I always confuse them) in my car. Its a decent gauge, but I think I'll convert to electrical down the road if I upgrade to a full set.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
They are made by Defi and the gauges are as follows...

C PILLAR- Oil temp and water temp

Tach

Fuel pressure, Exhaust temp, boost gauge and oil pressure.

The gauges are an excellent setup and very accurate. I love them! :D

Users who are viewing this thread