Boost Gauge, Plasma Booster, and Clutch Quadrant Installed Today!!

Dominick32

BANNED
Ok guys. As you all know I was supposed to get my 4# lower installed and tuned today. However, it still hasnt arrived in the mail. I was planning on going to Mustang Magic anyway so I decided to do some other installs because I am a very impatient person and NEED MORE MODS. haha

Ok here are the parts:
-Autometer Boost Gauge with Steering Wheel Column Pod
-Ignition Solutions Plasma Coil Booster (boost a spark)
-UPR Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster

The installs were completed in less than 2 hours and here is the results:

My clutch is 10X stiffer now with the clutch quadrant set at the middle adjustment. It grips perfectly in the middle however its gonna take some time getting used to the new feel. After TAKING THE PREMIUM AFTERMARKET CABLE OUT AND PUTTING THE STOCK CABLE IN. The clutch was amazing. That shit cable made a night and day difference. With this addition combined with my pro-5.0 shifter the car is really starting to feel like a race car. It shifts like butter and this clutch quadrant only spiced things up a bit for me.

The boost gauge is absolutely pristine except for the fact that I found out my cobra only makes 10.5 psi across the upper rpms. I should be at 12.5 psi with my 2.93 upper. It could be the gauge is off, but whatever its not a big deal. I am very satisfied with my current hp/tq numbers. I have pictures of the gauge setup at the end of this post.

Finally, the plasma booster believe it or not made a SOTP difference in performance. Not power-wise, but smoothness in the upper rpms. My upper power band would usually be hesitant and stumble up to 6200rpm. The plasma booster completely smoothed out the car all the way up to the redline under WOT. You can feel and hear a difference. As far as horsepower and torque, I didnt expect any gains from this product but feel that I might have gained a few ponies. My car idles much better now and doesnt stumble AT ALL. It also cleaned up a little surge/hesitation problem I was having under cruising conditions from 1500 to 1900 rpms. The problem still remains but the plasma booster made it much less apparent. So all in all I am very happy with the results of this coil/spark booster.

It was a fun day today and I love blowing my hard earned cash on mods for my cobra. Here are some pics of the gauge and my car today:
Pictures of my new setup

Dom
www.svtsnake.com

Last edited:

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Just order the COOL PACK kit from RPM Outlet which includes the PLASMA BOOSTER as well as the AFCO Heat Exchanger and RED LINE water wetter. According to RPM it adds 22hp! Plus the have all of it in a kit at a reduced price. Also opted for Iridium plugs and other stuff. I'll let you know how it performs once I get it on next week.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
I just installed a boost/vac gauge too and was expecting to see higher levels on it, it gets to around 11psi. With the car off the gauge sits just below zero so I'm wondering if I may be getting a low reading....Despite thinking the gauge may be off it dyno'd at 459rwhp and 456tq with a 2.93- I'm pleased with that. How much tougher is that clutch gonna be in traffic?

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
UPDATE---

I fixed my low boost problem.
There was a vacuum leak on the T-Fitting that splits up the line to the stock boost gauge and aftermarket boost gauge. I tightened it up big time and now i see 13 lbs. of boost.
Im an idiot because the whole time I had an idle vacuum of 10 when i shouldve been at 20.

Also, i completely fixed that surge/misfire @ low rpms by cleaning my MAF sensor. :beer: There is another post going around on SVTP about the fix.

Dom

Users who are viewing this thread