boost gauge installed i am seeing 16psi!!! is this too much?

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
LAst night i did a pull with the truck and saw 15 psi.....the gauge sits a little below the 0 when so i am asuming it is 16psi....didnt think it would be that high with just a few mods

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i have intake, #6, sct tuner LFP tuned, high flow cats and magnapack exhaust....so people see these boost number with just these mods? I have been running this set up for 2 years and finally installed a boost gauge and saw it boosted over 15 psiso just getting some opinions.

Youngunn

Established Member
Well as long as ur afr is good and it's a good tune then hell ya 16 lbs is aight. stock boost is 8, +6 is 14, then doing some intake mods will give u 1/2-1.... Add it all up.

Nice! Enjoy ur boost.

chinchilla

Established Member
boost is restriction/pressure, not flow

you have heads/full exhaust makes sense to me

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
dum question if the guy above pushes 12 pounds since he has more free flowing exhaust i i push 16...wouldnt the more mods guy pull from me with less boost?

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
technically yes if i was making more power..there are a lot of factors that come into play though.

PSI is just a restriction, so even if im only showing 12 and ur showing 16. im making that same power with less restriction which is why my psi is lower...

Users who are viewing this thread