Boost gauge install question

Mongopushn

Established Member
Where are you guys running your boost tubing into your vehicle,any pics? I don't want to follow the same route as my wide band, I'd like to keep it up near the firewall and away from heat off the headers. I see a nickel sized unused grommet up behind the throttle body, would that work?

Last edited:

RSAGT500

Established Member
I used the grommet in the passenger side fender well. Works perfectly because I needed to get power back out to the boost sensor. The only issue is you need to pull the inner fender liner and the battery/tray.

Mongopushn

Established Member
Ok thanks for the help. I used the same large 3-4" grommet on the passenger side for the wide band.Then pulled it out from the fender liner under the car to keep away from the headers.

The only issue is you need to pull the inner fender liner and the battery/tray.

So there is a path under the battery tray to get it up through the sheet metal into the engine bay?

Fast Ford

Established Member
Came in on the left side of the cowl for boost gauge and wide band. Remove the left front tire and left fender splash shield, there's a large oval rubber plug you can use. I'll text you a picture.

RSAGT500

Established Member
Ok thanks for the help. I used the same large 3-4" grommet on the passenger side for the wide band.Then pulled it out from the fender liner under the car to keep away from the headers.

So there is a path under the battery tray to get it up through the sheet metal into the engine bay?
Yes. There are 2 holes maybe 3/8 in size or a little smaller.

Mongopushn

Established Member
Thanks for the help, found it. I was able to snake it through there without removing the battery tray.

Users who are viewing this thread