Boost Gauge Hookup?

03kobra

Established Member
Where is the best place to tap into vacuum for an aftermarket boost gauge? Is there any special fittings for sale anywhere to make it a clean hookup? Thanks.

03kobra

Established Member
that is a dead link, do you have the correct page?

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Pull your glove box out a bit, you will see a vacuum line that goes to your instrument cluster. you can tap into that and its hidden so no one can see if you tapped into it

BBriBro

Established Member
There is a 1/8" boost line under the dash for the stock gauge, It's very easy to just cut it and put in a rubber "T" . You can find this factory boost line on the passenger side, behind the glove box, or on the drivers side. I think there is even a joint on the passengers side, so you don't even have to cut it, just put a T in there. I cut mine right above the drivers right knee, right where the turn signal flahser is, very short boost line then to the new gauge. Very simple mod, no need to go through the firewall or even open the hood !

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Have you seen the LAYOVER? It for the STOCK boost gage...If your not going more then 15psi(2.8 upper pulley) It look like it cam with the car!!!!! you should look into it!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think he ment stock boost gauge overlays which allow a reading up to 16# with the stock gauge. And it's accurate too! Do a search for "stock boost gauge overlay"
and it will give you lots of posts and pics on the subject. You can PM me if you have any questions. Ray H.

Users who are viewing this thread