Boost from 13 to 15

jerardogav

Established Member
Yesterday I was driving to work and noticed that I was boosting 15 instead of the normal 13. On the way back it was a little warmer and it was boosting 14. Does cold weather have anything to do with it? or could it be a leak? Haven't driven the truck since then.

MJG

Established Member
Colder weather you will see higher boost #s

My truck drove like I was spraying before I put her away in storage

LSUstang05

Established Member
Yup. Be careful in any weather under 50˚ or so. But yeah, cold weather will make you boost anywhere from 1.5-2psi more than normal (if it's just moderately cold). It's hard to stay out of boost when it's cold though (even though it's a little more risky) since boosted applications pull like a raped ape when it's cold lol

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
yup...just try and avoid keeping your foot in it when its cold.
i wont mess around in anything less than 50-55 degrees as i dont feel its safe even with my tune....lady luck fuggin hates me

jerardogav

Established Member
Yup. Be careful in any weather under 50˚ or so. But yeah, cold weather will make you boost anywhere from 1.5-2psi more than normal (if it's just moderately cold). It's hard to stay out of boost when it's cold though (even though it's a little more risky) since boosted applications pull like a raped ape when it's cold lol

I was getting on it on the way to work just two or three times but then realized it wasn't a very good idea. It was like 40 degrees.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I was getting on it on the way to work just two or three times but then realized it wasn't a very good idea. It was like 40 degrees.
If you have a tune for the colder weather it's a little safer but even then, it's risky. You've been tuned for say, 13psi so when you're boosting at 15psi you have more air coming in that hasn't necessarily been properly tuned for and could give you a leaner condition than you were tuned at resulting in a blown motor. I'm sure you already figured this out from all of these posts, so I don't really know why I typed all of that up and I'm too lazy to delete all of it now :rolling:

04SVT-L

Established Member
yup i can def relate to that one. i was ****ing around in the cold and my dumbass is making around 22 lbs of boost and of course didnt have it tumed right. so i completely disinegrated piston 8 and 4. like not just a hole, im talkin i pulled the heads and there was just a connecting rod. and also bent a valve in cyl 7 and the rocker stud in 4 was ripped out the head. ummm... i learned a lesson. and esp. after i ordered my parts and i seen the bill. so did u guys learn anything?? haha DONT **** around in the cold. esp without a good tune.

Notrace81

Banned
Talk about popping a motor in cold weather the poor guy who bought my first lightning drove back home to Canada it was about 30F and there she went 3 days after i sold it... It ran like a champ here in Florida but then again we don't have any seasons... I found a pic of it the other day on my PC.

MJG

Established Member
poor guy who bought my first lightning drove back home to Canada it was about 30F and there she went 3 days after i sold it...

And that's why I store mine during our cold canadian winters, from friday to day I think we got in the area of a foot

Users who are viewing this thread