Boost drop?

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
After taking my lightning out of storage all winter....It doesnt seem to have the boost it once had.the stock gauge goes to about 8 or so...I reflashed with my custom tune..same thing..any suggestions?? Thanks..ken

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
To start with, check the boost actuator on the supercharger, the diaphragm could be cracked and leaking or the actuator could be corroded and sticking. If you have a vacuum tester, just pull some vacuum on it to see if it holds. I have used a piece of tubing and drew some vacuum, like a straw in the mouth and found a leaking diaphragm.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
thanks fire..sounds like a good start..i do have a mini vac kit...i did look at it...it does look a bit rusty around the lever...but i will check the vacuum line..thanks....cheers

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
OK..Figured it out....I tested the actuator...was fine..went under the dash checked all the vacuum lines all good...under the hood all lines ok......I then pulled off the Vacuum boot cap.(from the boost bypass mod)..and it has a huge crack in it..Who would have thought a boot cap would crack..lol..well..all fixed..thanks guys..Cheers!!!

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Glad you found it , thanks for the info, it is how I learn what to look for to solve issues.

Users who are viewing this thread