Boost bypass question

Grey03

Established Member
I just recently put a TVS on my 2010 GT 500 and the next day after the install the car went into "limp" mode. I checked for dtc's using the procal tool and got a code p1227 for wastegate failed closed (overboost). Is there any way I can check to see if the boost bypass valve is working? When the car is at idle the boost bypass on my car is sitting closed. (valve doesn't move) Could somebody take a look at theirs and let me know if it is closed or open with the car at idle.
FYI: car has stock FRPP TVS and procal tune.

Thanks.

mullens

Established Member
If you still have your take off SC the bypasses are the same. Sounds like that's what it is so just swap them out. I've heard of other new TVS's that come with bad bypass valves.

chimazo

Established Member
My new TVS came with a bad bypass that resulted in the same code. You will need to swap your stock bypass (as mentioned) as they are the same part#. Once I removed my bad one, I could easily see that it wouldn't hold a vacuum, so I guess the diaphragms in some of them are faulty. Pretty sure I had to remove the blower to swap them out, unfortunately...

Grey03

Established Member
Thanks guys for the reply's. I was wondering if I could just swap out my stock one, so it sounds like I can. Chimazo, I hope I don't have to pull it back off but if that's what I have to do to get it fixed that's what I will do. Thanks again.

tktlwyr

Established Member
Is there any way I can check to see if the boost bypass valve is working? When the car is at idle the boost bypass on my car is sitting closed. (valve doesn't move)

With the car idling, the bypass valve should be open (vacuum) and close under boost.

Users who are viewing this thread