Boost by gear

TEAL 93 SVT

Established Member
Does company make a system that has "boost by gear"? Looking to set different psi limits in each gear.
Looking for a system for windsor motors and the new coyote.
Wondering if a standalone like MS/Fast/BS3 has these capabilities?

Fast?notyet

Established Member
Yes the eboost2 does it by gears but from what i understand you have to do some kind of switch set up yourself, like microswitches on the shifter.

cb1

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNU_0_ES7M"]Fischer Motorsports Built - 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - Texas Mile Record Holder - YouTube[/nomedia]

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
I've seen that video but an e boost will do boost by gear and cost 10 times less. Motec is for sponsored race builds honestly. I'm just trying to see how to hook up the switches so I can do boost by gear on my car to get more traction. I want to do 8 psi in first wg pressure basically. Maybe 12 in 2nd and ramp it into 19 in 3rd. I was planning to do a meth tune now and shooting for 800whp on 19 I'm thinking it should be doable I made 703hp 778 torque on 15.1psi

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Apexi has a setup that learns. I have been looking into that for a while now, I want to do boost by gear without all the switches

Matt P

Established Member
BlitZ SBC iColor electronic boost controller can do this based on speed or RPM. You can program the speed points to match where you would shift.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The eboost will do it and that's probably the best option besides a stand alone. You would have to come up with some type of switches though. The AMS can do it too but there is more involved. You also have to come up with some fancy electronics to input different voltages.

The ProEFI stand alone can do boost by about anything you can think of-Ethanol content, speed, gear, time, traction, etc. I'm installing it now and the options are crazy on this thing. It is really designed for a turbo car.

ip-alpha

Established Member
The eboost will do it and that's probably the best option besides a stand alone. You would have to come up with some type of switches though. The AMS can do it too but there is more involved. You also have to come up with some fancy electronics to input different voltages.

The ProEFI stand alone can do boost by about anything you can think of-Ethanol content, speed, gear, time, traction, etc. I'm installing it now and the options are crazy on this thing. It is really designed for a turbo car.

If it's in your budget this is your best bet. Soon it will do boost by suspension travel. It started as a turbo ecu and quickly developed into a turbo, nitrous ecu. There has been quite a few motor cars lately starting to run it as well. Did you finish getting it installed?

Users who are viewing this thread