Boost brothers turbo kit on 99 cobra??

ROCKNROLLA562

Established Member
Just curious if i can use a boost brothers turbo kit currently on a 96-98 mustang with a 5.0 motor on a 99 cobra with a 4.6? I was thinking all i would need to do is modify the headers to fit my 4.6 4v engine, and then get my car "tune'd", any and all help welcome :)

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I haven't heard of anyone using the Boost Brothers kit? Interested to see if someone has installed this kits

ROCKNROLLA562

Established Member
ive been looking online and they have nothing but good reviews,
i just want to know if i could potentially modify it slightly to work on my 99 cobra?

SVTPete83

Established Member
Is it on a 96-98 with a stroked to 5.0 modular motor? Or is it on a 5.0 pushrod motor. Reason I ask is because I am not quite clear from your original post

SVTPete83

Established Member
I am gonna be brutally honest hear. If you don't even know what kind of motor comes in the 96-98 cobras, you prob shouldn't be looking into turbo kits just yet. Ford stopped puting the 5.0 in the mustang in 95. So if it still has a 5.0 and is 96 or higher someone did a motor swap and there is no way that thing is gonna work in your car. But like I said, do some research, get to know your car and it's history better and maybe start with some easier mods before going full turbo

ROCKNROLLA562

Established Member
As far as knowing what type of motor it was I wasn't sure because he was very vague on his Craigslist posting.

SVTPete83

Established Member
It doesn't matter if it was a cobra or not. 4.6 sohc and dohc motors came in mustangs from 96 on. The pushrod 5.0 last appeared in 1995.

Users who are viewing this thread