Boost brothers long tube headers

rfreeman37

Established Member
Can anyone tell me if they have had experience with the above listed headers? I have heard a few things about them both positive and negative. Hopefully someone can give me some input before I possibly purchase a set. One problem that this alone jumps out at me is I can't seem to find a number to call the company. Give me some feedback on these. Also no disrespect but no need to say buy Kooks because $1000 for a set of headers is crazy imho. $500 is a stretch but $1000 for a set of long tube headers for a street car and there isn't any difference is warranty etc is just crazy. Not disrespect to Kooks at all cause obviously they make a great product its just not affordable. Thanks for feedback

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I have them. Not worth the hassle. Check out the OBX long tubes with h-pipe. Took 1/2 the time to install them than I did with the Boost Brothers version. Boost brothers is a copy of JBA while OBX is a copy of Kook's. Make sure to reuse your stock exhaust gaskets and studs/nuts, no worries about bolts backing out and a better seal with the MLS factory gaskets.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I have revision 5 versions, needed to bang in 1 tube about 1/16 of an inch. other than that and removing some material from the passenger side motor mount bracket it was pretty easy. used bbk o2 extensions, stock gaskets and studs for the best clamping seal.

if I were to do it again I would go with OBX long tubes. they are a much better fit. no banging or grinding had to be done and they were polished which looked nicer.

rfreeman37

Established Member
Thank you

Yeah I got them installed and definitely will need to remove some material from the passenger side mount. Also got a tube touching the bellhousing as well that I will need to fix. For the price its tough to beat them. Can you tell me what you gained from the install assuming you had your car on the dyno?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
CAI
UD pulleys
62mm TB
C&L intake manifold
refreshed heads(mild port job and bowl cleaning)
127200 cams
long tubes and catted h pipe
mac axle backs
1 pcs driveshaft

360/340 N/A
430/480 N20

Users who are viewing this thread