Boost Actuator Quesion

93VORTECH

Established Member
Haven't owned the car too long but this was like this when I bought it. I'm just wondering should there be a vacuum line or something hooked up on the Actuator where I pointed the RED Arrow? Car runs fine and I have no Check Engine Lights or Weird Idle etc. Car does have multiple vacuum lines plugged off so it looks like he possibly knew what he was doing so should this be the way it is? Thanks for any info or help you may be able to provide.

Attachments

• IMG_6927.jpg
    IMG_6927.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
That should be fine but normally there is a line running to a little filter that is usually located by the passenger side fender just to make sure no junk gets sucked in from the little bit of vacuum from the diaphragm.

93VORTECH

Established Member
Thats fine like that. Previous owner did the boost bypass mod where you cap off the boost dump solenoid and do the actuator as shown. I have mine the same way.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604694

Correct me if I'm wrong because this is all new to me, but the point of doing that BOOST BYPASS MOD is so that the boost doesn't drop off at the higher RPM's when making a pull right?? Cause my car still drops off at the higher RPM pulls and I'm not 100% if its belt slip or the mod not being done??

93VORTECH

Established Member
That should be fine but normally there is a line running to a little filter that is usually located by the passenger side fender just to make sure no junk gets sucked in from the little bit of vacuum from the diaphragm.

Ok thanks buddy...So should I run a little vacuum hose off of that OPEN nipple and attach a little breather filter?

bigmoose

Established Member
I've never used a breather and never had a problem.

The bypass helps with drop off but the Eaton is only so efficient. It's always going to drop off some.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong because this is all new to me, but the point of doing that BOOST BYPASS MOD is so that the boost doesn't drop off at the higher RPM's when making a pull right?? Cause my car still drops off at the higher RPM pulls and I'm not 100% if its belt slip or the mod not being done??

Stock Eaton is always going to drop off if pullied, as said it's out of it's efficiency range. By getting rid of the solenoid the bypass is just working on straight vac\boost. It's the way we all run bigger aftermarket blowers.

Users who are viewing this thread