Boost actuator noise

hpbean

Established Member
Lately I have noticed a weird noise comming from the engine bay when the truck is idling. I have narrowed down the noise to the boost actuator, when the truck is idleing it makes a weird whistling sound. Ive done some searching on here and what I have found is that the arm on the boost actuator is supposed to be up when the truck is idling. Mine stays down and when I lift up on it the noise goes away. So what I was wondering is could there be away to adjust this or does it need to be replaced?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
make sure you dont have a vac leak or the vac lines crossed on the actuator...

DId you do the boost bypass mod by chance.

hpbean

Established Member
It does have the boost bypass mod, but it was installed by the previous owner. What would cause the boost bypass mod to all of a sudden affect the boost actuator? I also looked for any vacuum leaks and couldn't find any.

bgstew6

Established Member
cracked leaking caps...take the boost bypass off and put it back to normal...and see what happens....its not needed.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
if something happens to be wrong with the boost actuator, i've got a spare one I'll sell you.

bgstew6

Established Member
could be the boost actuator going soiuth on ya...

Check the black vac line that attaches to the backside of the boost actuator and follow it forward and make sure its attached to the intake elbow. The vac line on the front of the boost actuator should be pink.

Users who are viewing this thread